Castillo On DNL...A Must Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castillo On DNL...A Must Read

On DNL, Barkann asked him to reassure Eagles fans on how he will sure up the defense and what kind of defense he will run and Castillo responds with...verbatim

Well you know, I think the first thing, when you think about that and the great people of Philadelphia...I'm from Texas and you know, in Texas, unfortunately the Cowboys are there ...you know Texas is a big football state and really the fans here and the fanbase is unbelievable.

I was an offensive line coach and sometimes when I went to restaurants or the airport people would know who I was...and to know who the offensive line coach is, you know uh, people know their football.

But I think too, if they all remember the "Rocky" movie. You have to remember that Philadelphia is a land of opportunity. I hope that the fans out there and the people understand you know, that there's such a thing, that's what Philadelphia's all about, that "Rocky" movie.

You know he was given an opportunity, he had a background, he worked hard, he had heart and he had determination and he made it happen. And now it's my job to make it happen and bring Philadelphia what they hunger for and really what the coaching staff hungers for and that's a Super Bowl championship
    If that doesn't ease everyone's mind I don't know what will. I guess in summation, our defense will be similar to Sylvester Stallone?

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    I guess in summation, our defense will be similar to Sylvester Stallone?
    That's a little over the top... get it? Over the Top? ahh, fuck you.

Comment

he'll lose in the end, but damn he had heart
      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Rocky lost in the original. Is he saying that IF we get to two more Super Bowls on his watch, he'll finally get us one?

I feel so much better.

Comment

All of our LB's are going to play left-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
            All of our LB's are going to play left-handed.
            They'll play right handed until halftime when the "fight" aka game looks like it's totally out of reach, then, POOF they'll switch to left

Comment

Instead of Dizzy Izzy's, our defense will be chasing chickens around Lehigh during Training camp.

THen they'll choke the chickens for the next 17 weeks.

Comment

Maybe ANdy Reid will take a play out of Rex Ryan's book and defer the kickoff when they win the toss so that Castillo's defense can draw First Blood.

This should be a Cliffhanger of a season.

Comment

If some of these bums on defense perform to the same level they did last season, hopefully the FO will realize what we as fans already know...a lot of them are Expendable(s)

Comment

maybe it means...

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                    Rocky lost in the original. Is he saying that IF we get to two more Super Bowls on his watch, he'll finally get us one?

I feel so much better.
                    ...our defensive players will use so many steroids and tanning beds that they will turn into albinos when they are 80?
                    DB

Comment

Was gonna post this.

Look im sure Juan is a nice guy. But he comes off as a fucking idiot.

This is twice now hes dodged the question of what scheme will he run, how will his defense look. Hes got no fucking clue. Id be shocked if this doesnt end really badly.

They made a point on DNL i didnt think of. The guy could lose the locker room real fast because he has no defensive experience. Soon as things go bad the players can just write the guy off.

Comment

If JC is Rocky

Then who is Mickey, this guy?

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

They'll play right handed until halftime when the "fight" aka game looks like it's totally out of reach, then, POOF they'll switch to left

Don't forget that they will have to turn there helments around backwards.

Comment

Comment

On DNL, Barkann asked him to reassure Eagles fans on how he will sure up the defense and what kind of defense he will run and Castillo responds with...verbatim

If that doesn't ease everyone's mind I don't know what will. I guess in summation, our defense will be similar to Sylvester Stallone?

Yeah, for a great interviewer his interviews have blown. It's almost Palinesque, not trying to lyme disease this but...

When you ask him about what scheme he runs he thinks you are saying he doesn't know defense and is unqualified. It isn't an accusation, it's a request for information.

It reminds me of Palin and the newspaper question. She thinks Couric is saying she is an Alaskan hick that doesn't read, so she gets defensive and is all I READ ALOT, EVERYTHING! instead of just answering what fucking paper she likes.

Comment

Working...
                              X