X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As always,

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    I'll pray and hope for the best.
    the emminent philosopher DQ has said all that needs to be said. . .

Some of you are old enough to have endured the silliness of the 80's, and the preemminent philosophers of that era, The Cars:

"It's so easy to blow up your problems
    It's so easy to play up your breakdown
    It's so easy to fly through a window
    It's so easy to fool with the sound

It's so tough to get up
    It's so tough
    It's so tough to live up
    It's so tough on you

Life's the same I'm moving in stereo
    Life's the same except for my shoes
    Life's the same you're shakin' like tremolo
    Life's the same it's all inside you "

No, I don't know what that crap means, either. . .

However, I do know this - thoughtful men and women are cognizant of the fact that within us all lies a heart of passion, filled with a complex alchemy of emotions, thoughts, and reactions. By way of example, many among us have been - at one time or another - compelled to extreme moods and actions by the heart's imperatives.

It is not hard to read that TA has been closely touched by the dire whims of fate and destiny, and without further knowledge, who among us is to weigh whether or not his heart is valiant and righteous, or vapid and over-wrought?

You are fortunate if you have not been touched by pain and loss; one thing is certain for most of us: you will be. As the one said, "Night Cometh. . . ."

I don't know how one discerns what lies within to a measure beyond variable tolerances. But I do know that there are some very gruff fellows who have tender hearts, and that there are some very affable fellows whose vanity and congenial demeanors conceal extremely self-serving souls.

In the Tao of the oc it notes that one forges one's own chararcter and soul at the crucible of life's manifold experiences: one crafts his soul with every hammer stroke on the anvil. Every time you are kind, without necessity or recognition as a motive, "Blang!" goes the hammer. Every time you forgive, "Blang!", another stroke of the mallet, Every time you forbear to speak the harsh words that too easily fall, "Blang!" - another stroke forges the moment into your soul.

Do not doubt it, the time will come when you will need every single molecule of character tbat you have built over a lifetime.

The day that someone says to you, "They have the results of the test back," or "The doctor called," or "There are two men from the military at the door to see you," or " I don't think that I love you anymore. . . "

"Night cometh. . . ."

Surely there is enough pain out there without us making it harder on ourselves?

Me? I don't know. . .

But I try to recall what the poet Alexander Pope one wrote:

Teach me to feel another's woe,
    And hide the flaws I see;
    The mercy I to others show,
    Show that as well to me.
    Last edited by olecowboy; 05-04-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Survivor's guilt can be a terrible burden. Dude needs some serious counseling, and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by olecowboy View Post

In the Tao of the oc it notes that one forges one's own chararcter and soul at the crucible of life's manifold experiences: one crafts his soul with every hammer stroke on the anvil. Every time you are kind, without necessity or recognition as a motive, "Blang!" goes the hammer. Every time you forgive, "Blang!", another stroke of the mallet, Every time you forbear to speak the harsh words that too easily fall, "Blang!" - another stroke forges the moment into your soul.

Do not doubt it, the time will come when you will need every single molecule of character that you have built over a lifetime.
        I like this. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Last edited by McCarthy12; 05-04-2011, 09:19 AM.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
          X