Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Daily News article on Jaiquawn Jarrett

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...gles_call.html

My son was really pumped about that pick.

Comment

So am I. Every Temple game I watched over the past two season, he was the best player on the field. He was an absolute beast in that Penn State game. His coverage skills aren't the best, but his tackling skills are as good as advertised and he is always in the right position to make a play. He has great football instincts. To me there's no doubt he's an upgrade over Mikell.

Comment

God, I hope he is everything as advertised

Just looking in his eyes, there's alot of rage there. He definitely has the right mental makeup. Smart and tough, something to prove. F the speed issue. When you're smart, you get into position.

Comment

The main reason I liked the pick even though it may have been a bit of a reach is that the guy is a hitter.

The Eagles defense has lacked a really punishing intimidating player for too long now, IMO. Hopefully Jarrett can take on that role.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The hitting aside, he's been regarded as a good tackler--one other area in which the Eagles could use some improvement.
            WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
            - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
            - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

this is where I give Andy props

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              So am I. Every Temple game I watched over the past two season, he was the best player on the field. He was an absolute beast in that Penn State game. His coverage skills aren't the best, but his tackling skills are as good as advertised and he is always in the right position to make a play. He has great football instincts. To me there's no doubt he's an upgrade over Mikell.
              He does follow the local kids. and his own kid was signed by Temple. Also, I met Al Golden a couple of times...the way he turned that program around was by going for guys who could play who were also decent people, character-wise. One of his assistants told me (exact words) "we inherited some kids who were absolute turds (as people).

Remember Andy knew how good Westbrook was and he knew how good Brock was. Brock was Banner's fuck-up, not Andy's.

I dont follow the draft. But I do follow Temple football. The kid absolutely can play at the next level, IMO.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

I hope he channels Andre Waters

With his hitting & Tackling. I am not concerned with the speed issues because his football instincts are so good. He has Football speed, and we have not had a hitter in the Defensive back field since Dawkins left. I think Jarrett's skill set will pair up well with Nate Allens.

Comment

Interesting tidbit on the Golden's assistant coach, Wallace really did a number on the program. I'll be pulling for Al in South Beach.

I agree 100 percent on Jarrett. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a draft pick.

Comment

It would be nice if they would give him Waters' jersey number.

Give him number 20. Andre would love the way the kid plays if he's half the hitter.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                      Just looking in his eyes, there's alot of rage there. He definitely has the right mental makeup. Smart and tough, something to prove. F the speed issue. When you're smart, you get into position.
                      agreed. i know almost every player looks good on tape and it's easy for these guys to say the right things. it's also easy to be a homer and get psyched about a kid from temple. but damn if this guy doesn't seem like a football player. love the quote about how he'll be a violent player.

Comment

Working...
                      X