We still have no pass rush....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We still have no pass rush....

other than Trent Cole. Now that the draft is over, looking at our defense, between Nate Allen and Jaiquan Jarrett we are set at safety. Asante will hold down RCB, and with the emergence of Jamar Cheney last season, a healthy Stewart Bradley, and Casey Matthews being drafted our defense is looking pretty decent. Our defensive line held its own last year, and assuming we pick up Nnamdi in free agency, our only glaring weakness is the pass rush.

I haven't even looked into it, I wonder if there are any good free agents available at defensive end.
    Last edited by CBrownSays; 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM.

We have Philip Hunt and Washburn. What more do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by CBrownSays View Post
      other than Trent Cole. Now that the draft is over, looking at our defense, between Nate Allen and Jaiquan Jarrett we are set at safety. Asante will hold down RCB, and with the emergence of Jamar Cheney last season, a healthy Stewart Bradley, and Casey Matthews being drafted our defense is looking pretty decent. Our defensive line held its own last year, and assuming we pick up Nnamdi in free agency, our only glaring weakness is the pass rush.

I haven't even looked into it, I wonder if there are any good free agents available at defensive end.
      You mean LCB on Asante.

I have not thrown in the towel on Graham and am counting on the new line coach to be a difference maker. Yeah, if there is someone we can grab at DE, do it, but need is secondary to RCB and even another OL stud.

Forget about getting a high profile LB in FA. FF would scratch his eyes out first.
      Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

The contingency is on Graham being healthy is all

The only positive to a partial season loss is helping graham's health

Well, besides preventing FF from coaching in september

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          The only positive to a partial season loss is helping graham's health
          And giving the new coaches more time to implement their systems....And increasing the chances of some team shutting up Mercury Morris.

I would think more time would help J. Jackson too.

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

You Wanna Lend Me Your Crystal Ball?

I want to find out what the winning numbers are going to be for the next Power Ball jackpot so I can retire.

Obviously you MUST own one because that's the only way -- four months before the season is supposed to start -- that you could know the Eagles have no pass rush.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

how so...players and coaches can't really talk (maybe by their own choice)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                Obviously you MUST own one because that's the only way -- four months before the season is supposed to start -- that you could know the Eagles have no pass rush.
                Either that or he rendered an opinion based on last year's on-field performance, the draft and news reports about the status of injured players.

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                  I want to find out what the winning numbers are going to be for the next Power Ball jackpot so I can retire.

I have a friend borrowing it this weekend, but when he's all done with it I'll let you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    how so...players and coaches can't really talk (maybe by their own choice)
                    Comment was on how much time is given from resolution of labor dispute til game 1. The more time between these events, the better for the coaches to get their systems in place -- but also jeopardizes games being lost.

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by The Token Asshole View Post
                      We have Philip Hunt and Washburn. What more do you need?
                      I forgot all about that Hunt guy... how much can we really expect outta him?

Comment

prolly 15-20 sacks

Comment

without knowing who will be tagged:

Charles Johnson - head of the class, the Panthers would be certifiably fucking nuts to let him go, I don't know why they declined to use the franchise tag on him.

Ray Edwards - Probably gone in Minny.

Jason Babin - you know his story with Washburn. One year wonder, though?

Second tier/less ballyhooed guys/"Eagles" type FA's

Cliff Avril - Very productive at rushing the passer, somewhat light in the ass and slightly soft against the run. Only 25. Played for Schwartz, who was Washburn's DC in Tenn.

Matt Roth - 3-4 OLB, HIGH MOTOR ALERT. Good size at 6'4 275, but doesn't have a burst "wow" factor. Played DE for Miami.

James Hall - older Vet stopgap until Graham returns. Productive passrusher, but long ass teeth. EDIT: whoops, just saw he signed a modest 3 year deal to stay in STL. Weird with Quinn presumably taking his job this year.

Manny Lawson - 3-4 OLB, 6'5, 240. Sounds like one of the "fastballz". Could be a RFA depending on CBA. Probably will lose his job to Aldon Smith.
                          Last edited by JofreyRice; 05-03-2011, 02:19 PM.
                          "The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Cullen Jenkins is a free man and he brings it both as a 4-3 DE and an inside rusher on passing downs. Chicago will go after him and others as well

Comment

Trent Cole has jumped the shark. He's now no better than a Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Jimmy Rollins, or Andre Iguodala. Home grown talent that's overrated. If they don't get him help, they are going to get exposed again this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X