Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pronger has herniated disk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pronger has herniated disk

    Per wolfman

  • #2
    Speaking of groups....

    He's about a year away from being a Peter Forsberg, Darian Hatcher, Elton Brand, Raul Ibanez, Brad Lidge, Stacy Andrews, etc,. Overpaid free-agents past their primes.

    Unfortunately, this list could go on for days.

    Comment


    • #3
      So they are fucked with his cap hit for the next 4 years.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have to take credit

        I called Ibanez when he signed. 3 years was too long

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          I called Ibanez when he signed. 3 years was too long
          .154 batting average...OUCH!

          Mayberry deserves a chance to start.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah they messed that up, I know some of the other long contract extensions (zetterberg, hossa) won't count against the cap if the player retires, but according to a couple of articles I read even if Pronger retires he still counts 5 mill against the cap till his contract would be over.

            Comment


            • #7
              How's Adrian Cardenas doing?

              Comment


              • #8
                Just looked it up

                Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                How's Adrian Cardenas doing?
                batting .348 in AAA and he's only 23...

                He'd look good at second right now
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah career OPS of .782 in the Minors. He's the next Jeff Kent!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    Yeah career OPS of .782 in the Minors. He's the next Jeff Kent!
                    Placido Polanco's minor league career OPS is .664

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Polanco also made it to the league at age 22 and plays gold glove defense. Cardenas is in his 6th season in the minors, something leads to believe if he was going to be a bigtime player he would've taken Mark Ellis' job by now.

                      Nick Punto 2.0.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My point is, I think it's stupid to pat yourself on the back for saying the Ibanez signing was bad. It worked out pretty well in 2009, didn't it? Adding that extra year was the deal breaker to get him to come here over the Cubbies. Ibanez was withouth a doubt the best Outfielder in the 2008 Free Agency class. It was a "win now" move, that came very close to helping the Phillies get another championship. It's not like the extra year on his deal has prevented the Phils from getting another Free Agent. The 12 million he is making this year wasn't going to keep Werth here. It was an aggressive signing, and I can't blame them for that. How many free agents have the Yankees and Red Sox given too much money and too many years for? Much worse contracts than the Ibanez one. He comes off the book next season, how many years was Jim Thome on the books after he played here?

                        Just like I think its stupid to complain about trading away guys like Cardenas. Especially considering Utley was signed for 6 more years(yeah hindsights 20/20 with how things have turned out for him).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Actually (I'll find the thread later), I said the Ibanez signing was going to be bitched about in his 3rd year

                          As far as Cardenas, remember how long it took Utley and Howard to show up

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            Actually (I'll find the thread later), I said the Ibanez signing was going to be bitched about in his 3rd year

                            As far as Cardenas, remember how long it took Utley and Howard to show up
                            Seems like your patting yourself on the back in this thread. Here let me predict that Cliff Lee won't be as good in 2017 and we're going to regret that 7th year. I can't wait to say I told you so!

                            And are you seriously comparing Cardenas to Howard and Utley? A guy who has shown asbolutely no power, at any level?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              not the point

                              Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                              Seems like your patting yourself on the back in this thread. Here let me predict that Cliff Lee won't be as good in 2017 and we're going to regret that 7th year. I can't wait to say I told you so!

                              And are you seriously comparing Cardenas to Howard and Utley? A guy who has shown asbolutely no power, at any level?
                              but yes, I am...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X