Vick didn't want to sign here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick didn't want to sign here

per a GQ article coming out tomorrow. Goodell made him sign here instead of Cinn. or Buffalo. Interesting I guess

Com on, Cincinnati and Buffalo? If they are going to make stuff up they should come up with better cities. No one wants to play in Cincinnati or Buffalo.

Comment

he didn't want to be 3rd string

Comment

Michael Vick on not originally wanting to come to Philly:

"I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth... I didn't want to come to Philadelphia. Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options."

Those two teams wanted him and would've allowed him to start, but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."

http://deadspin.com/5831987/gqs-mich...le-angry-again

Comment

Originally posted by stjoebirdsfan View Post
          Michael Vick on not originally wanting to come to Philly:

http://deadspin.com/5831987/gqs-mich...le-angry-again
          I don't believe he would have started ahead of Carson Palmer. No way in hell.
          .....and you thought I was ugly on the outside.

"Fuck Bobby April, you can't coach awesome." ~~downundermike~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
            No one wants to play in Cincinnati or Buffalo.
            Just ask Carson Palmer and T.eam O.bliterator. Speaking of Me. O.: I still can't believe that he hasn't hooked up with another desperate team by now. I think that most teams are very wary of his Drama Parade at this point. The guy is going to turn 38 in December, but I think he still has 1 or 2 years left in that world class athletic body of his. He could probably flourish and help some bubble team over the hump, given the right offensive system and QB. I think he ends up with the Seahags, Texans, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Chefs, Falcons, ... or even the Vagiants.

Comment

Originally posted by OzEagle12 View Post
              I don't believe he would have started ahead of Carson Palmer. No way in hell.
              Carson Palmer is not all that.

Comment

Exactly.

Originally posted by J Con View Post
                He didn't want to be 3rd string.
                I'm sure it wasn't anything against the city of Philadelphia or the Eagles.

Comment

Back to back to back posts

i feel bad for you

Comment

Old news, really old news.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."
                      does anyone else have a problem with this? Godell and reps shouldnt be convincing any player to sign with anyone.
                      Last edited by WeaponX; 08-18-2011, 08:47 AM.
                      If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

Why not?

Cincy was seen as a zoo and the league wanted the guy to go to a team that was more nurturing. It makes perfect sense and it turned out to be exactly the right decision.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                        X