It's foolish to think that Desean Jackson's presence isn't felt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's foolish to think that Desean Jackson's presence isn't felt

Just because he isn't making the catch doesn't mean he's not making it easier for his teammates to make the catch. He gives defenses fits. This is what I can't stand about all of you fantasy football stats geeks. Some stuff doesn't show up on the stats sheet. Now was he dogging it at times? Yes, I believe he was. That is cause for concern. Should he be paid? Of course, but probably not top 5 receiver money. Just below that.

Funny how the other top 10 WRs in the league dont just "make a impact numbers dont show". They not only draw coverage, but also score TDs.

Comment

Gappy, Here's The Problem With Jackson

If they tag Jackson he makes big money for one year, and you KNOW Rosencrud will start there for negotiations the next time. Can you see the Eagles willingly paying Jackson more than the 14 gazillion he'll make this coming season?

If they negotiate a new contract for (just to have a number) three years, they'll have to deal with Rosencrud again when it's completed and you KNOW he will want more than Jackson got this time.

Do you honestly think Jackson would have acted the way he did this season had he hired somebody else as his agent?

When Jackson hired Rosencrud, everything else that has happened since and will happen in the future became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Unless they're willing to put themselves through future headaches, maybe the best thing the Eagles can do is a sign and trade. I love what Jackson can do on the field but I hate with a passion when he lets Rosencrud orchestrate his every move.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Forget the "intangibles". DJax has led the Eagles in receiving yardage every season he's been on the team. If you won't concede his value from that, you're just being a dickhead. Receiving touchdowns are nice if he's on your fantasy football team but if Jackson moves the ball sixty yards for Shady to jam in, that works too.

You haven't come up with any replacement for that production that makes sense. The receivers you suggest - if they are available - are going to cost more money and have to learn a new system. Very unlikely the Eagles will get in a bidding war for a WR. They never have that I can think of.

It's gonna be DJax or Cooper/Hall. Easy choice.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Rosencrud probably represents a third of the Eagles players

WTF are you going to do? Trade them all away? Stop with your hate of this agent. Come to terms with Jackson.

Comment

Thank you

That's right.

Comment

Ok, forgetting everything except just onfield production, Jackson still isnt worth 10 mil a year. Not close. Jabar fucking Gaffney puts up these numbers with Rex Grossman throwing him the ball.

If Jackson was this elite WR you guys think of him as he wouldnt be putting up Gaffney-like numbers in this offense.

All of the top potential FA WRs are better then DeSean. Id rather throw the 10 mil at them. They arent getting Fitzgerald money. This offense would be better with someone that can keep drives alive and be a factor in the redzone.

You guys are too emotionally involved in Jackson.

Comment

you and your rosenhaus hate. the man has a job to do. all agents want the best for their clients. rosenhaus is one of the best in the biz at it, which is why he has so many high profile clients.

if the eagles only dealt with non rosenhaus players they'd be the Rams.

Comment

I think nothing gives defenses more fits than scoring TDs (4 in 22 games). Regardless, this team will regret either signing him or letting him go. They really can't win.

Comment

Rosencrud Does NOT Care About His Clients!

If he did he would never -- NEV-ER -- have them do the bullshit things they do. He orchestrates it all and anybody who says he doesn't hasn't been paying attention since The Wide Receiver Who Shall Remain Nameless became the prototype Rosencrud client.

If he cared he would realize that the criticism, the sulking, the showoff "me first" actions of his clients only serve to alienate the front office, the coaches and to create divisions among teammates, the media and the fans.

Rosencrud cares about one thing -- HIS cut of the pie. If his client suffers, tough shit -- them's the breaks, sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                      If he did he would never -- NEV-ER -- have them do the bullshit things they do. He orchestrates it all and anybody who says he doesn't hasn't been paying attention since The Wide Receiver Who Shall Remain Nameless became the prototype Rosencrud client.

If he cared he would realize that the criticism, the sulking, the showoff "me first" actions of his clients only serve to alienate the front office, the coaches and to create divisions among teammates, the media and the fans.

Rosencrud cares about one thing -- HIS cut of the pie. If his client suffers, tough shit -- them's the breaks, sucker.
                      KG, with all due respect, I think you are a little overly fixated on Rosenhaus. I hope your head doesn't explode when LeSean McCoy's contract comes up for negotiation.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

there you go! you could have signed jabar gaffney for 4 years for ten million. you'd be a helluva GM. juggernaut!

the eagles had him in 2006 and cut him before the season started.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Did He Hire The Greasy Slimeball AGAIN?

I haven't paying close attention but the last I heard McCoy got smart and fired Rosencrud's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                            I haven't paying close attention but the last I heard McCoy got smart and fired Rosencrud's ass.
                            http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2011/...rew-rosenhaus/

Not sure if there have been any later developments.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I certainly said id sign Gaffney. I think Gaffney is average.

One thing I dont do though is say Jackson is elite, but say Gaffney sucks. Because Gaffney outperformed Jackson, so calling one elite and not the other is kind of silly isnt it?

Comment

Working...
                              X