No announcement yet.

It's foolish to think that Desean Jackson's presence isn't felt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know there's not one GM or coach in the NFL who wouldn't trade three Gaffneys for one DJax. You're just making yourself look ignorant.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      If he did he would never -- NEV-ER -- have them do the bullshit things they do. He orchestrates it all and anybody who says he doesn't hasn't been paying attention since The Wide Receiver Who Shall Remain Nameless became the prototype Rosencrud client.

If he cared he would realize that the criticism, the sulking, the showoff "me first" actions of his clients only serve to alienate the front office, the coaches and to create divisions among teammates, the media and the fans.

Rosencrud cares about one thing -- HIS cut of the pie. If his client suffers, tough shit -- them's the breaks, sucker.
      He cares about his clients. He doesn't care about you. Get over it.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Jabbar Gaffney ... this is as dumb as DUM's Cowboy post(s)

Comment

Are you guys this stupid? Is the reading comprehension level this low?

Ill try to simplify.

Jackson is a better player than Gaffney.... duh

Gaffney outproduced Jackson.

Jacksons production level should not be at a Gaffney level right?

Therefore im not seeing the outcry for paying Jackson a shit ton of money. If the guy has elite skills he should be producing more, which means hes just not going all out... or maybe he just isnt elite.

If you take that I want Gaffney to replace Jackson from that, then your just dumb.
          Last edited by The Token Asshole; 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Token Asshole View Post
            If you take that I want Gaffney to replace Jackson from that, then your just dumb.
            you're arguing that he could. can't get much dumber than that.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

No, you're dumb for using statistics in a vacuum.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Token Asshole;1622543]Are you guys this stupid? Is the reading comprehension level this low?

Ill try to simplify.

Jackson is a better player than Gaffney.... duh

Gaffney outproduced Jackson.

Jacksons production level should not be at a Gaffney level right?

QUOTE]

Maybe this is a perfect example that your idea of "production" shouldn't rely only on statistics. But yeah, everyone who says that Djax "stretches the field" are idiots....

Comment

Technically, don't all of the top receivers in the NFL stretch the field? I think I would rather have the production over the extra 5 or so yards of 'stretching'.

Comment

Sure He Does -- He Cares About Them...

...as long as there's an icecube's chance in Hell he can work out a contract so he can get his cut.

Once there's no chance of that, if there's any way for him to get out of it he'll leave quicker than rats leaving a sinking ship!
                    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

As would I, I am just saying that stats don't tell the whole story here, Jabar Gaffney is the perfect example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Token Asshole View Post
                        I certainly said id sign Gaffney. I think Gaffney is average.

One thing I dont do though is say Jackson is elite, but say Gaffney sucks. Because Gaffney outperformed Jackson, so calling one elite and not the other is kind of silly isnt it?
                        Gaffney didn't out perform Jackson, he put up comparable numbers under vastly different circumstances. Jackson is the number one receiver on this team. He draws double coverages, and is covered by the opposing team's best corner for the majority of every game. Gaffney is the Redskins number 2 receiver, and the number 3 receiving option after Moss and whichever TE they have starting. That means he's not worrying as much about the safeties, he's not covered by the other team's best corner, and he's not the primary read for most plays, which means he has more time to get open as the QB goes through his progression. In addition, the Eagles had one of the best running games in the league this past year, while the Redskins couldn't do much of anything on the ground, which caused them to rely more heavily on the pass. More passing plays yeild more opportunities for the receivers to pad their stats. The skins finished 31st in the league in rushing attempts. And lastly, when defensive coordinators put together their game plans, they scheme to take away Jackson (and Shady) by whatever means are necessary. Nobody is scheming to take away Gaffney. If Jackson played under the same circumstances, he would almost definitely have put up vastly superior numbers.
                        ....Don't ever let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart.

Comment

He is head of a LLC, not a fucking non profit organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                            ...as long as there's an icecube's chance in Hell he can work out a contract so he can get his cut.

Once there's no chance of that, if there's any way for him to get out of it he'll leave quicker than rats leaving a sinking ship!
                            Even if true, that doesn't change the fact that he still doesn't care about your team and by extension you which is why you don't like him.
                            Last edited by TerpEagle; 01-07-2012, 01:14 AM.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

How can Token hate Vick and Jackson at the same time? Surely if you consider Vick to be a terrible QB, then he isn't getting Jackson the ball.

If Rodgers were here, wouldn't you want Jackson? A receiving core of Megatron, Fitzgerald and Wes Welker wouldn't do shit with Tim Tebow throwing them the ball. Receivers are not necessarily judged by stats.

Pay the man.

Comment

Originally posted by juan_gone View Post
                                How can Token hate Vick and Jackson at the same time? Surely if you consider Vick to be a terrible QB, then he isn't getting Jackson the ball.

If Rodgers were here, wouldn't you want Jackson? A receiving core of Megatron, Fitzgerald and Wes Welker wouldn't do shit with Tim Tebow throwing them the ball. Receivers are not necessarily judged by stats.

Pay the man.
                                How much? How much are the intangibles worth?

Comment

Working...
                                X