Fultz shot 4-18 from 3 pt range in pre-draft workout w/ 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fultz shot 4-18 from 3 pt range in pre-draft workout w/ 76ers

I feel like I read this at the time and didn't think much about it, but WOW! I seriously think I would do better

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bos...-workout-76ers
    Last edited by dev_32; 05-11-2018, 07:31 AM.

I remember this. They blamed it on his three-hour car ride to the facility.

Comment

Can anyone refresh me what was to like about Fultz?

How did this happen?
      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

I don't watch a lot of PAC 12 hoops so I can't say I watched him as much as Smith, Fox and some of the other guys. He's obviously talented - you could see that when he finally played, but there is also something obviously very wrong. These types of surprises shouldn't happen with the first pick. And if you trade another first round pick to a rival, they better not happen. It's all very disappointing.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Embiid better will them to a championship

I think he will.
          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Well, if one thing came out of that disaster of a series, it is that Embiid is ready for prime time. He made mistakes just like everyone else, but he was also dominant at times, including the last game.

Simmons seemed to be psyched out at times, but I think he will be fine.

I really like Brett Brown, but I'm beginning to think he may not be the guy to carry the ball over the goal line.

Ultimately, it is up to Colangelo to finish this and add the final touches. That may be the scariest proposition of all.

Comment

Colangelo panicked. Fultz was supposed to be a perfect fit because he checked off the most boxes. They thought he could create his own shot and give this team the shooting range Simmons lacked. The problem was Tatum would have been a suitable consolation prize. Colangelo didn't think so and this is why he sucks at his job.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Simmons seemed to be psyched out at times, but I think he will be fine.
                I saw this stat yesterday.

In the Boston series, the Sixers had a plus/minus of -63 when Simmons was on the court, compared with a +48 when he was on the bench.

He really shit the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  I don't watch a lot of PAC 12 hoops so I can't say I watched him as much as Smith, Fox and some of the other guys. He's obviously talented - you could see that when he finally played, but there is also something obviously very wrong. These types of surprises shouldn't happen with the first pick. And if you trade another first round pick to a rival, they better not happen. It's all very disappointing.
                  so basically, it was a recent sixers first round pick. They get picked high, super excitement, something happens and they basically lose an entire season.

This years first round pick better get ready for a broken arm that keeps them out till next year.

I thought that there was a bunch to like about Fultz after he came back. One thing that worried me was towards the end of the regular season...or maybe it was against the heat, he took a three point shot and as soon as he let it go he started swinging his right arm around like he was trying to get something loose.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he gets some sort of shoulder surgery.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

If you wanna say that the Sixers should've stayed put at 3 and taken Tatum, I get that, but nobody projected Tatum to go #1 at the time and if the Sixers had taken him at 1, I'm sure all of you would have freaked out.

The fact of the matter is that Tatum going into the draft had a high floor and was a known commodity who everyone knew would probably be a solid player from seeing him at Duke. People also probably gassed up Fultz too much comparing him to Harden, but I nonetheless still believe he has a high ceiling.

Personally at the time, I wanted Fox or a trade down for Monk, who both turned out to be not even in the same conversation as the two players we're discussing (as of now, that is). Hindsight's 20/20, let it play out.
                    Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Overall, he had a pretty bad series. Definitely a big factor in them losing. He's the least of my concerns though. The knocks about him not caring and not playing defense were completely dispelled during the season. I think he will put the work in the develop.

Comment

Yeah, but this was a little different. I'm still not sold on this being a totally physical issue. Stashing guys was fine when they were winning 10 games per year. This was the first year where things were expected to change and so now these picks have to contribute immediately. Like, at this point, I wouldn't select someone that I knew would miss a year because we have to compete with the Celtics now. But what do I know? That's why they brought in their white knight GM.

Comment

I'm saying you don't give up one of your best assets to your #1 rival unless you know there's a huge gap between the top three picks (See 2014 Draft for an example).

This is a good article that sums up most of what I've been saying for awhile.

https://94wip.radio.com/spike-eskin-bryan-colangelo

Comment

I'm pretty confident he has the best work ethic on this team. I'm not worried about that. My only concern with him is that shot. I had concerns early but I figured I'd wait until he at least got through one season first.

Comment

I do think it's physical. I watched the summer league and his shooting motion was nowhere like what happened when he came back to training camp. Somehow in that amount of time his shot went completely stupid. To me that doesn't make any sense unless he was trying to compensate for an injury.
                              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                              X