Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice

All the video's and picture's that have come from Nova care last two weeks have shown the eagles practicing inside their indoor facility. Why aren't they practicing outside, especially the offense?

That's one advantage they have out of all the nfc playoff team's is that they have a chance to practice in those conditions

practice!!!! we talkin about "PRacTice!

practice!
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

The NovaCare fields

were frozen solid prior to the Dallass game, so they practiced at the Linc at the end of the week last week. Similar stuff may be happening now. Next Saturday's forecast looks a little snowy/rainy, but not nearly as cold as it has been.

Risk of injury on a shitty field may play into it, too.

Comment

One positive....players approached Pedey

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        were frozen solid prior to the Dallass game, so they practiced at the Linc at the end of the week last week. Similar stuff may be happening now. Next Saturday's forecast looks a little snowy/rainy, but not nearly as cold as it has been.

Risk of injury on a shitty field may play into it, too.
        Requesting a pads practice.....I like the stories of them taking initiative and staying aggressive. Couple that with Long's apology for his play leads me to believe this team is very much aware of thier recent shortcomings and are working to correct them.

Encouraging.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

This is the tightest (in a good way) team I can remember in a very long time. Probably since 2004, before the TO-McNabb thing. They definitely care about each other and about winning.

I don't know what is going to happen over the next few weeks, but the core of this team is solid with strong leadership from a potential All Pro quarterback. That bodes well for the future.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Speaking of tight

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            This is the tightest (in a good way) team I can remember in a very long time. Probably since 2004, before the TO-McNabb thing. They definitely care about each other and about winning.

I don't know what is going to happen over the next few weeks, but the core of this team is solid with strong leadership from a potential All Pro quarterback. That bodes well for the future.
            I watched a little of Foles' PC yesterday, and that guy seems wound-up tight (not in a good way). I'm not sure I've ever heard him talk at length; he also did this weird head thing. Pointed to/put his palm on his chest a lot, just weird...

On a brighter note, he did seem to be throwing the ball with some authority in the practice video.

Comment

Foles has a bigger problem because Wentz got injured late

If it had to fucking happen, Foles needed it earlier in the season to have more time to get his shit in one bag.

I recently read an article indicating that Keenum didn't start playing consistently well until five games after Google-Eye went out.

Thus, they really need to hit in practice.

It isn't games, but at least it isn't just walk throughs either.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I do think it will make a difference. He played 2-3 games with basically no real practice. I don't know if it will make enough of a difference but I certainly expect them to be sharper and more in sync on offense.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

My worst fear..

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  If it had to fucking happen, Foles needed it earlier in the season to have more time to get his shit in one bag.

I recently read an article indicating that Keenum didn't start playing consistently well until five games after Google-Eye went out.

Thus, they really need to hit in practice.

It isn't games, but at least it isn't just walk throughs either.
                  ...Foles's confidence is shot.....not from anything Eagles did but from his experiences away from Philly.

Once that crap gets in a competitor's head it's difficult to shake....doesn't matter regardless of physical talent.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Backs up what I'm saying about getting game play (with a good team) to get his shit together.

I think it's unfair to judge him on bad play against the Raiders and in the limited action last week. I believe he actually has the ability but the bad news is that you only get in a rhythm mentally by playing.

He looked fucking great on that first drive last week ... Smith scores on that 3d down throw if the cunt holds on to it ... and the following 4th down incompletion was because the OL didn't block.

Ya gotta believe ... what else ya gonna do?
                    Last edited by slag; 01-04-2018, 11:14 AM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                      ...Foles's confidence is shot.....not from anything Eagles did but from his experiences away from Philly.

Once that crap gets in a competitor's head it's difficult to shake....doesn't matter regardless of physical talent.
                      Basically I agree

If, IF he wins that playoff game one he has a chance the rest of the way. But that is the hurdle.
                      Last edited by IronPyrite; 01-04-2018, 11:17 AM.
                      Go Bird Go !

Comment

Next week's game will not be decided by weather

...but, in no particular order:

A game plan that takes some pressure off the QB.
                        The front four actually finishing pressures with sacks.
                        The OL creating lanes for the running game.
                        Dominant defensive play.
                        Foles playing competently.

In this scenario, a cold weather advantage is more of a mind game than truth.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          practice!
                          ...you beat me to it. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                          X