Interesting dilemma for McNabb haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting dilemma for McNabb haters

How does one not back anyone who's taking a piss on Troy Aikman?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

False dilemma. One doesn't have to be a hater to think that Donovan doesn't belong in the HOF. And Troy Aikman doesn't have to be the standard for HOF admission.

I didn't really mind what McNabb said about Wentz but he seems a little delusional with the Aikman comparison. Aikman peaked 10 years before McNabb did. If McNabb wants to compare his numbers to someone from the early 90s, then he has to also compare himself to Rivers, Ryan, and even Stafford for HOF consideration.

He's also ignoring the postseason. If he thinks that he could have won 3 rings on Aikman's team, fine, but that's not how it works. A QB with McNabb's regular season numbers, and a peak of only 4-5 years as one of the best in the league needs at least one SB win to make the HOF. McNabb doesn't have that, nor does he have very good postseason numbers. I was a big fan of his for a while, but I don't think he's close to HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      False dilemma. One doesn't have to be a hater to think that Donovan doesn't belong in the HOF. And Troy Aikman doesn't have to be the standard for HOF admission.

I didn't really mind what McNabb said about Wentz but he seems a little delusional with the Aikman comparison. Aikman peaked 10 years before McNabb did. If McNabb wants to compare his numbers to someone from the early 90s, then he has to also compare himself to Rivers, Ryan, and even Stafford for HOF consideration.

He's also ignoring the postseason. If he thinks that he could have won 3 rings on Aikman's team, fine, but that's not how it works. A QB with McNabb's regular season numbers, and a peak of only 4-5 years as one of the best in the league needs at least one SB win to make the HOF. McNabb doesn't have that, nor does he have very good postseason numbers. I was a big fan of his for a while, but I don't think he's close to HOF.
      He's also dismissing how the game has changed over the years. The NFL was a much more QB friendly league when McNabb played as compared to when Aikman played. It's even more QB friendly now. I'm with you that McNabb needed to win a SB for HOF consideration. 60 percent of the time works every time is only good enough if one part of that 60 percent is a SB win.

I think McNabb is salty in part because TO is in the HOF and he isn't.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Retarded ass eli better not get in the HOF since he

missed the playoffs several seasons in a row
        The interception king

Comment

GOOBER WILL GET IN FIRST BALLOT. TWO SUPER BOWL RINGS AND BEING A MANNING GETS HIM IN.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            GOOBER WILL GET IN FIRST BALLOT. TWO SUPER BOWL RINGS AND BEING A MANNING GETS HIM IN.
            So as long win 2 SB's you can miss the playoffs and play like DOOKIE most of your career? LOL

When has that retarded mutherfucker led his team to the playoffs 2 seasons in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              Slackjaw has two rings and durability going for him. Plus his last name and playing for NY. He has many more ints than McNabb but many more yards passing and TDs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...00&idx=players
              --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Slackjaw has two rings and durability going for him. Plus his last name and playing for NY. He has many more ints than McNabb but many more yards passing and TDs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...00&idx=players
                Now compare how many times each QB missed the playoffs while starting every game

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
                  Now compare how many times each QB missed the playoffs while starting every game
                  I'm not advocating for Slackjawn, just comparing him to McNabb.
                  --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    I'm not advocating for Slackjawn, just comparing him to McNabb.
                    Mcabb will always be a better than Eli Gump

Comment

Retarded ass eli better not get in the HOF since he

missed the playoffs several seasons in a row
                      The interception king
                      Brett Favre got in with ONE Super Bowl and a shit load of Interceptions and bad plays, Favre was Mr Throw it up and see what happens. Was called by several sports writers (one here in philly) Most Overrated QB in Football history.

Comment

So as long win 2 SB's you can miss the playoffs and play like DOOKIE most of your career? LOL

When has that retarded mutherfucker led his team to the playoffs 2 seasons in a row?
                        HE'S GETTING IN FIRST TRY. NOW THAT'S MORE THAN ENOUGH YAPPING ABOUT SOME VAGIANT THAT NO ONE COMES CLOSE TO CARING ABOUT.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

One guy McNabb has a legit beef with

Dan Fouts, the only way that overrated POS should allowed in is with a ticket.

He throw 5 picks to the Houston Oilers practice squad at home in a playoff game in 1979. He lost that day to someone named Gifford Nielsen.

Comment

Mucus Hayes makes some valid points here:

https://www.philly.com/eagles/donova...ly.com+Twitter
                            --------

Comment

As long as they don’t snub Considine, I’m good.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X