IGGLEPHANS

IGGLEPHANS (http://igglephans.com/iggboard/index.php)
-   Igglephans Main Board (http://igglephans.com/iggboard/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should Brett Brown Get Fired? (http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showthread.php?t=320232)

Anthony 05-13-2019 09:11 AM

Should Brett Brown Get Fired?

I dunno, I guess it's according to who is out there. Tyronn Lue had Lebron and the Lakers didn't even hire him.

As far as FA go, they need to get a real good backup Center. Noel would be perfect but he's sour on Philly, Vucevic would be too much $. I don;t know who else is out there.

I'd let Tobias and Redick walk and keep Butler and try to get a real sniper in here to shoot the ball.

06hawkalum 05-13-2019 09:15 AM

Vuc is a borderline max contract type player, he's not a backup.

Give Brown one more season to get them past the second round. If he fails again next year and there is a better option available then, by all means, I would welcome a new coach for the '20-'21 season.

Ground_Meat 05-13-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 1933277)
I dunno, I guess it's according to who is out there. Tyronn Lue had Lebron and the Lakers didn't even hire him.

As far as FA go, they need to get a real good backup Center. Noel would be perfect but he's sour on Philly, Vucevic would be too much $. I don;t know who else is out there.

I'd let Tobias and Redick walk and keep Butler and try to get a real sniper in here to shoot the ball.

Noel canít score. No thanks.

dev_32 05-13-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ground_Meat (Post 1933280)
Noel canít score. No thanks.

Need defense, not scoring from your backup center

Greenstealth 05-13-2019 12:26 PM

Not time to fire Brown but there has to be growth.

Ground_Meat 05-13-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dev_32 (Post 1933285)
Need defense, not scoring from your backup center

Iím not sure a team that goes HUGE stretches with zero FGs can afford that.

dev_32 05-13-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ground_Meat (Post 1933292)
Iím not sure a team that goes HUGE stretches with zero FGs can afford that.

How many offensive centers are there? 4? You need defense and spacing from your backup

Anthony 05-13-2019 11:07 PM

[Adrian Wojnarowski✔ @wojespn
Brett Brown will return as the Philadelphia 76ers coach next season, managing partner Josh Harris told ESPN on Monday night. Harris, Brown and GM Elton Brand met today to discuss offseason priorities, including draft and free agency.]

Ground_Meat 05-13-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dev_32 (Post 1933315)
How many offensive centers are there? 4? You need defense and spacing from your backup

At the very least, one who can make a 15 footer.

...weíve already met our quota for that.

udontknowme 05-14-2019 09:40 AM

Noel is a good weak side shot defender, but his straight up d leaves something to be desired. I think its very possible Bolden can fill more minutes, we just need a big that might have some different skill sets for matchups.