BigSlizz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigSlizz

Burger King is trying out the Impossible whopper at 59 locations in your market. Have you tried this? I am a meat eater but wouldn’t mind trying this as a healthy alternative. Seems like a great business strategy by a struggling Birger King.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/28/...port-says.html

EVERY NOW IS BRAGGING ABOUT ' GRASS FED BEEF ONLY' FOR THEY'RE BURGERS..

BK JUST CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN AND WENT STRAIGHT FOR THE GRASS BURGERS.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

This Impossible shit has got to stop. I’m checking out menus and I’m like, “Oooo! What’s an Impossible (insert item here)???” Then I remember and deflate.

BK has been in trouble for a while. I think I’ve been there once in the past few years for the French toast sticks at breakfast. They’ll eventually get bought.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I tend to stay away from all that vegan mess but I got to try these for free and was quite impressed...if I didn't know it was meatless, I wouldn'tve thought twice.

https://www.beyondmeat.com/products/hot-italian/
        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I’ve tried them...

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          Burger King is trying out the Impossible whopper at 59 locations in your market. Have you tried this? I am a meat eater but wouldn’t mind trying this as a healthy alternative. Seems like a great business strategy by a struggling Birger King.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/28/...port-says.html
          ....several sit down restaurants in the Baltimore area have been serving them for about 6-8 months now.

They are not bad, pretty impressive and no post meal digestive issues.

Much better than the first generation of fake meat products that came out years ago.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Ever try Match? I thought their burgers were delicious.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              I am a meat eater but wouldn’t mind trying this as a healthy alternative.
              There's absolutely nothing wrong or unhealthy about meat.

Comment

Some meats and processed meat

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                There's absolutely nothing wrong or unhealthy about meat.
                are high in saturated fats which can lead to high cholesterol. Obviously, processed meats has more baggage than just saturated fats.

A healthy alternative once in a while could help lower the overall intake of saturated fats.

Comment

Yeah the post digestive issue is a good point.

Fast Food companies have speed and locations in their favor. If they can provide healthier products, it may be a game changer.

Comment

The impossible burger has as many, if not more calories and has 40% less saturated fat. It tastes pretty good and close, but it's hard to justify at that rate. That's vs a high fat burger, if you go leaner, it's much closer and the regular whopper vs impossible whopper recipes only shift by about 15% in total fat.
                    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 05-29-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

It sounds more like

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      The impossible burger has as many, if not more calories and has 40% less saturated fat. It tastes pretty good and close, but it's hard to justify at that rate. That's vs a high fat burger, if you go leaner, it's much closer and the regular whopper vs impossible whopper recipes only shift by about 15% in total fat.
                      an “unhappy meal”

Comment

Actually the supposed connection between saturated fat, high cholesterol, and heart disease is based on poor science, and is increasingly being scrutinized.

Comment

EAT EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. BODY NEEDS A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING, NOT A LOT OF ONE THING AND NONE OF THE OTHER.

NOW IF I CAN ONLY PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH.

I'LL HAVE SIDE OF CHEESESTEAK WITH MY PEPPERONI PIZZA, THANK YOU.

MY DOC SAID TO TRY...RED YEAST RICE PILLS....TO LOWER CHOLESTEROL WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Just tried one for shits and giggles. Tastes like a whopper. Probably because it’s drowning in whopper toppings. It was fine. No caloric cut of any kind. It’s like the accessibility rule of “equivalent experience” for vegans and vegetarians.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I’m reading that it’s not really a healthy alternative .

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              Just tried one for shits and giggles. Tastes like a whopper. Probably because it’s drowning in whopper toppings. It was fine. No caloric cut of any kind. It’s like the accessibility rule of “equivalent experience” for vegans and vegetarians.
                              One article mentioned that it should be viewed as a ethical alternative to the processed meat.
                              The ethics having to with the environmental impact of meat as opposed to the plant based substitute.

That really is not what I was looking for and I don’t think that is enough to bring long term business success.

I’ll stick with the occasional 5 Guys or eT an occasional vegan burger if I don’t want the heavy feeling afterwards I get sometimes from a regular burger.

Comment

Working...
                              X