Depth is thin at LB, DT and S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth is thin at LB, DT and S.

Corey Nelson and Elijah Qualls need to step up, IMO. Kamu Grugier-Hill also seems like a player who could step into the Kendricks role.

Safety? Gotta think Corey Graham is on speed dial. I believe 4 FA rookies are vying for the safety backup role is now that Watkins is gone. Jeremy Reaves and Tre Sullivan are two names that could surface.

The Blount role is also a big deal. My money is on Matt Jones. I really thought he was going to be the lead back in Washington. Maybe he’s the next RB reclaimation project like Dion Lewis and Blount.

I'm very high on Jeremy Reaves.

I think the undrafted RB they signed out of ND has a decent shot to make the team.

Comment

Yes I like both Adams and Reaves. I believe Reaves was one of the 30 official visits the Eagles were permitted to have at the complex.

Adams and Matt Jones will be a good battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        Corey Nelson and Elijah Qualls need to step up, IMO. Kamu Grugier-Hill also seems like a player who could step into the Kendricks role.

Safety? Gotta think Corey Graham is on speed dial. I believe 4 FA rookies are vying for the safety backup role is now that Watkins is gone. Jeremy Reaves and Tre Sullivan are two names that could surface.

The Blount role is also a big deal. My money is on Matt Jones. I really thought he was going to be the lead back in Washington. Maybe he’s the next RB reclaimation project like Dion Lewis and Blount.
        I wouldn't be surprised if some trades happened before pre-season or during it. They have a good number of picks and I wouldn't be surprised if Howie tries to turn those picks into players that have 2 years (or even) 1 year left on a deal. Linebacker doesn't bother me. Safety is definitely more important and there are still guys out there that they can get.

Vaccaro, Tre Boston and Reid are still available. Eagles could probably run with 3 safeties more than 3 linebackers anymore anyway. It's a coverage league and match-up league now.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

With compensatory picks in 2019, the Eagles should have:1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6,,6, 6, 7. Considering that they picked up Ajayi for a 4th, I could see them parting with a 4th or a later pick. Maybe even as high as a 3rd knowing they could let a player walk for a good future compensatory pick. S and LB seem likely targets.

With Wentz’s contract coming up and all of the compensation for selecting him behind us (not them), the Eagles will be more draft pick focused. Like in NE, big ticket FA’s should be less common.

Gotta love that trade with Baltimore for a 2019 second. I see more of that stuff and trading up and down the drafts.

Comment

Working...
          X