Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aside from Big Dick Nick, if you could personally thank...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aside from Big Dick Nick, if you could personally thank...

Any 2017 Eagle player, coach or front office member who would it be? There’s obviously a ton of viable choices but I think I have to go Alshon. Corps were a disaster a year before, he got better as year went on and was best on biggest stage. Not to mention to play thru a torn rotator cuff is no joke, I had that surgery and I’m sure he has a way to go to be ready.

Who ya got?
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Lane Johnson. The offense completely different when he's a part of it. Plus, he was Long's counterpart on the whole underdog thing, which was a big emotional boost.
    Last edited by BigSlizz; 07-26-2018, 09:52 PM.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Pederson is an obvious choice but let’s go with the left side of the OL. Wiz and Big V were not penciled in as starters a year ago. Wiz eventually stepped in and solidified the OL and Big V played well against big time talent.

Comment

Blount. I thought the guy was a piece of shit. He turned out to be one hell of a teammate

Comment

Shout out to Agholor...for getting his head on straight and turning his career around in a HUGE way. Dude made some HUGE catches for the team this season...we weren't sure if he was a bust before the season started.
          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Jake Elliot. Comes in as Unknown kicker, hits the big one. Rest his history. He missed some, don't get me wrong. But was instrumental in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
              Shout out to Agholor...for getting his head on straight and turning his career around in a HUGE way. Dude made some HUGE catches for the team this season...we weren't sure if he was a bust before the season started.
              Patrick Robinson solidified the slot corner and provided the play that took control of the NFCCG at a time where the Queens were starting to smell themselves a bit. Tried to go with the less obvious choice.

Comment

Brandon Graham.

Guy had some tough years early in his career. Was asked to totally change his game for the 3-4. Never went negative. Always kept working. Total difference-maker all of last year, and when it counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                  ANY TIME ANYONE MENTIONS AGHOLOR IN A GOOD WAY, I CAN'T HELP BUT REMEMBER DIGGLE SAYING, GIVE THE GUY A YEAR TO GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER, HE'LL COME THROUGH THIS AND BE A MORE THAN COMPETENT RECEIVER. RIGHT ON TARGET DIGGS.

I WOULD THANK ANY MEMBER, COACH, WATER BOY ETC ETC. OF OUR SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS....
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'll go with Pederson on this. He knows he wasn't the Birds' number one choice and endured a lot of slings and arrows. I told my Eagles friends over here to give the guy more than a year--he was an ex-player--not only that, but a fairly recent ex-player and the guy knew what it would take to lead that locker room. But I think the seeds were sown not in 2017--but in 2016, when he publicly questioned the players' effort in the loss to Cincy. He got together with his players council, they discussed it and closed out the year with 2 wins and an impressive showing against the Ravens in a close loss.

Plus, if you look at that first year, if he'd made a few different calls or they would have executed better, they could have at least been 12-4 his rookie year.

Comment

Good post....tough choice but I would start with Kelce

...for saying to the nation what we have been wanting to say for years. Plus I doubted him for a long time, I owe him an apology.

After that, Long & Jenkins, leaders on and off the field.... then Clement, the guy brought it and opened a lot of eyes.
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                        Any 2017 Eagle player, coach or front office member who would it be? There’s obviously a ton of viable choices but I think I have to go Alshon. Corps were a disaster a year before, he got better as year went on and was best on biggest stage. Not to mention to play thru a torn rotator cuff is no joke, I had that surgery and I’m sure he has a way to go to be ready.

Who ya got?
                        Thought of 4 guys immediately but I’ll go with Nigel Bradham.

He was beyond huge all season, especially with the injuries at that spot. Kendrick’s played as well as he ever had here, no question. You gotta think playing next to Bradham raised his level of play. . His style and tenacity had a ripple effect.

(Others in consideration: Jenkins, Cox, Ertz, Graham)

Comment

HowLo

The guy took a lot of abuse, but starting with getting Wentz he made the moves which made this possible.

Also Wentz. He put BDN in the position to make this possible.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I thanked all of them already

in 4 monthly payments
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Bwah! So true.

I helped them win a Super Bowl...and I didn't even get a lousy tee shirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X