IGGLEPHANS

IGGLEPHANS (http://igglephans.com/iggboard/index.php)
-   Igglephans Main Board (http://igglephans.com/iggboard/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UCF should be National Champions (http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showthread.php?t=313964)

iowaigglefan 01-02-2018 10:37 PM

UCF should be National Champions
 
Nick Foles will be fine.

Mc Nabb is still a fucking sack of shit

Wow Memories

Kelly Pat 01-02-2018 11:41 PM

Lmao! Thanks for the memories!

JuTMSY4 01-03-2018 08:42 AM

UCF won their conference and beat Auburn. Did Bama?

headknocker 01-03-2018 08:57 AM

I watched the entire UCF-Auburn game and I came away impressed as hell with UCF's Griffin. The kid's a beast and a one-man wrecking crew.

Sect 236 01-03-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headknocker (Post 1897728)
The kid's a beast and a one-man wrecking crew.

A one-handed, one-man wrecking crew. Really inspiring kid.

His twin Shaquill, who plays for Seattle now, was more highly recruited and would only go to a team that would give Shaquem a shot too. That's how they ended up at UCF.

headknocker 01-03-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sect 236 (Post 1897730)
A one-handed, one-man wrecking crew. Really inspiring kid.

His twin Shaquill, who plays for Seattle now, was more highly recruited and would only go to a team that would give Shaquem a shot too. That's how they ended up at UCF.

I honestly didn't know his story until the announcers briefly talked about it and then I came away even more impressed with him....obviously a big-time character guy and extremely driven. It's hard to believe you can be that damn good with only one hand....very impressive.

wynnron123 01-03-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 (Post 1897726)
UCF won their conference and beat Auburn. Did Bama?

That conference blows is why they were ranked #12 despite being undefeated. I think SMU and Navy were their best teams on the scheldule

ishimonster 01-03-2018 01:38 PM

Shouldn't matter other than in a tie breaking scenario. Losses should mean something. The fact that they beat Auburn proves that they deserved a spot in the CFP.

JuTMSY4 01-03-2018 01:42 PM

I ranked them #1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnron123 (Post 1897735)
That conference blows is why they were ranked #12 despite being undefeated. I think SMU and Navy were their best teams on the scheldule

please advise

Sect 236 01-03-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnron123 (Post 1897735)
That conference blows is why they were ranked #12 despite being undefeated. I think SMU and Navy were their best teams on the scheldule

AAC isn't Power 5, but, it doesn't "blow" either. In the conference alone, they smoked #20 Memphis, beat #23 South Florida and also beat 3 other Bowl eligible teams in SMU, Navy and Temple.

Out of conference, they also beat Bowl eligible FIU, plus obviously the win over the team that beat both teams in the National Title.

Would they beat UGA or the Tide in a one game playoff? Probably not, but, they played quality opponents this year.

wynnron123 01-03-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishimonster (Post 1897738)
Shouldn't matter other than in a tie breaking scenario. Losses should mean something. The fact that they beat Auburn proves that they deserved a spot in the CFP.

So you are judging this on one game ??? UCF would loose at least 2 to 3 games on a SEC schedule lets quit being stupid here.

wynnron123 01-03-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sect 236 (Post 1897740)
AAC isn't Power 5, but, it doesn't "blow" either. In the conference alone, they smoked #20 Memphis, beat #23 South Florida and also beat 3 other Bowl eligible teams in SMU, Navy and Temple.

Out of conference, they also beat Bowl eligible FIU, plus obviously the win over the team that beat both teams in the National Title.

Would they beat UGA or the Tide in a one game playoff? Probably not, but, they played quality opponents this year.

UCF weren't qualified to be in the final 4 period... College now and then where all about strength of schedule even with the computer modules..

AthensEagle 01-03-2018 04:10 PM

Who should not have been in the CFP so that UCF could be?

JuTMSY4 01-03-2018 04:40 PM

this argument
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthensEagle (Post 1897748)
Who should not have been in the CFP so that UCF could be?

admits the system is flawed and thus not a true champion. If we accept that Bama or Georgia is the best team in college (whoever wins), what does that make UCF, which beat Auburn, which beat both teams.

udontknowme 01-03-2018 04:44 PM

Alabama was the team that if you were to take out anyone, would be the team that doesn't go. Can't win your division in your conference, shouldn't get rewarded for it. They are probably the best team in college fb, but the best team in sports often doesn't win the championship.

wynnron123 01-03-2018 05:49 PM

Lets take out the SEC
 
Put UCF in the Big Ten and this thread wouldn't exist

JuTMSY4 01-03-2018 07:39 PM

eh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnron123 (Post 1897753)
Put UCF in the Big Ten and this thread wouldn't exist

at least it would be all conference champions, right?

AthensEagle 01-04-2018 01:16 PM

Do you think UCF played the same Auburn team it would have played knowing a national title was on the line

McCarthy12 01-04-2018 01:25 PM

Edit - Nevermind. I said something that didn't make sense. What else is new.

JuTMSY4 01-04-2018 01:41 PM

seems like it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthensEagle (Post 1897815)
Do you think UCF played the same Auburn team it would have played knowing a national title was on the line

did the team change?

Why does the bowl system exist at all then?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Post Contents are owned by the posters. Use the "Contact Us" link to contact us for administrative issues. Original Artwork and other content copyright 2000-2007 by Raptor (mostly) and/or IGGLEPHANS