• Show
Clear All

• This is fun

Ridiculously so.

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    Ridiculously so.
    That fucking bat flip was great

Comment

Yes it is. It's barely April but I'll take it.

Comment

This feels like the baseball equivalent of the 2004 Eagles.

Comment

The Mutts were 11-1 after 12 games last year ... this is fun but pump the brakes fellas.

I'm not in the KG "games are meaningless" camp but we're talking baseball here and it's 4 games in.

BTW - Eflin was nasty last night ... hope THAT keeps up.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

There is no comparison when you examine the rosters. Mets were doing it with smoke and mirrors.

Anyway wins in April are just as valuable as wins in September.

The Red Sox went 19-3 to start the season last year and went on to win the World Series.
            Last edited by 06hawkalum; 04-03-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Watching games last year was better than the few that preceded it, but it's dog shit compared to this year. This is must see TV.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I've been pro Eflin all offseason

Originally posted by slag View Post

BTW - Eflin was nasty last night ... hope THAT keeps up.
                Keuchel who?

Comment

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Hawk in two threads today.

The 2016 Phillies were tied for first after 1/4 of the season. Last year's team was in first place in mid-August. But compare the rosters and the run differential at any point in the season, and you'll see why people near took those teams seriously. This team's hot start is representative of what they are. They are built to win now.

Comment

I tried to enjoy last season

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    I can't believe I'm agreeing with Hawk in two threads today.

The 2016 Phillies were tied for first after 1/4 of the season. Last year's team was in first place in mid-August. But compare the rosters and the run differential at any point in the season, and you'll see why people near took those teams seriously. This team's hot start is representative of what they are. They are built to win now.
                    for what it was. but it was really boring at times. Kapler was overmanaging, but often based on a lack of talent and trying to constantly put one or two dimension players in the best position to succeed (analytically). Maybe that doesn't always work and of course there is a human element as well.

But mostly, the team just was playing above it's head. This team is both fun to watch and so much more obviously talented. I'm not sure the pitching will be enough over a long season and the playoffs are always hard to predict but of course, THAT is a long ways away. Just enjoy what you're watching - this is really fun.
                    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-03-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      for what it was. but it was really boring at times. Kapler was overmanaging, but often based on a lack of talent and trying to constantly put one or two dimension players in the best position to succeed (analytically). Maybe that doesn't always work and of course there is a human element as well.

But mostly, the team just was playing above it's head. This team is both fun to watch and so much more obviously talented. I'm not sure the pitching will be enough over a long season and the playoffs are always hard to predict but of course, THAT is a long ways away. Just enjoy what you're watching - this is really fun.
                      the talent is pretty amazing. They upgraded at 4 positions and could say they upgraded at another (1st) by moving Hoskins there. Also, the 4 (or 5) positions are filled by all-stars or former all-stars.

Not going to lie, I've been watching mccutchen for years and thought he was toast in his last year or so in Pittsburgh and even last year (knees). But his bat looks faster than it did the last couple years. Could be a mirage but he usually stinks early in the season so this is encouraging.

Still though, they have legit talent up and down their roster. I'm still a bit concerned about the pitching but they can always sign a pitcher or make a trade.
                      Last edited by nerd; 04-03-2019, 10:40 AM.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                      X