The Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Challenges

I just can't bury Doug over it. The first one Smith clearly did get forward progress past the first down marker while touched on replay. I have no clue what the fuck the replay official was drinking. How the fuck could you trust that clown again on the lateral? The only thing is I guess at that point out of pure desperation you challenge the call knowing that Seattle scores something there and it's game set and match. That's where you could blame him somewhat.

That's exactly where you blame him.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

that's pretty much what dougie said and i disagree entirely. a head coach should have MUCH better logic than "they missed the first one, so i don't trust them to get the second one."

also, i guess by SOME stretch of the imagination i can understand that it wasn't clear when smith was contacted. but it's 100% impossible that the refs wouldn't see that the ball traveled forward on wilson's "lateral."

edit: i suppose it's up the guys upstairs, not dougie. no idea how they didn't catch any of the three replays that NBC showed before seattle's next play.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 12-04-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I just wish there was some awareness among football coaches that it is virtually impossible for a runner running full speed straight ahead to pitch the ball sideways and it NOT be a forward pass from the point it leaves his hand to the point its received by the other player. Even if the receiving player appears to be behind the guy pitching it. As soon as he did that I was screaming that it will end up going forward.

Comment

Better yet, why didn't the zebra see it? At first glance, probably with a better angle than dug, I thought it was a good play. That being said, it still should never have gone unchallenged. However that process works (or doesn't) it should be fixed.

Comment

Uh ... they had a vision problem all night.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I didn't like the first challenge, even though it looked clear (to me, not a handsomely paid ref) that Smith got the yardage. Line up on 3rd and short, take your QB who is unstoppable on sneaks and get the first down. Keep the challenge and TO in your pocket for later and don't even let the refs have the opportunity to fuck you over.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 12-04-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

eh. that was 4th down. too many bad things that can happen not to challenge. i was very surprised it didn't get overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  eh. that was 4th down. too many bad things that can happen not to challenge. i was very surprised it didn't get overturned.
                  You're right, it was 4th, but Doug went for it anyway after the challenge and got it. That's my point. If you know you're going for it if you lose and have the confidence you're gonna get it, just line up, don't give the Seattle D time to catch their breath during a review, go for it and get it.

Comment

Working...
                  X