I like Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Foles

But why does it seem like people have no recollection of his bad games? Wentz has never had a game as bad as Foles vs. Dallas, for instance. He was absolutely putrid in that shutout a couple years back.

Foles has also been injured multiple times, has limited athleticism, has a weaker arm, slower release, worse pocket presence/movement and less mobility than Wentz.

I get recency bias and all, but this shit is getting out of hand.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    But why does it seem like people have no recollection of his bad games? Wentz has never had a game as bad as Foles vs. Dallas, for instance. He was absolutely putrid in that shutout a couple years back.
    5 years ago? And you're complaining about recency bias...he didn't string together a few good games he won the fucking super bowl and was named MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
      5 years ago? And you're complaining about recency bias...he didn't string together a few good games he won the fucking super bowl and was named MVP.
      How about TB and Atlanta, THIS YEAR? He was ass.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

How about TB and Atlanta, THIS YEAR? He was ass.
        Oh now we do want to talk about THIS year? Wentz was 5-6, 0-2 against Dallas, had 7 games where he was sacked 3+ times.

People are well aware of the talent discrepancy - that is why the results are so baffling.

Comment

Oh now we do want to talk about THIS year? Wentz was 5-6, 0-2 against Dallas, had 7 games where he was sacked 3+ times.

People are well aware of the talent discrepancy - that is why the results are so baffling.
          Well, I mean, he was coming off a torn ACL, and still played pretty damn well until he broke his back.

Edit: And what variance in results? There's no sample size for Wentz. He threw a TD with a torn ACL and then never saw a playoff game.
          Last edited by Melchior; 01-08-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

In the Eagles last seven playoff games - let’s face it the Eagles have been playing elimination games since they were 6-7 - the Eagles are 7-0. It is impossible for Wentz to have had better results.

Comment

With all due respect ... they've been playing must-win games since they got blown out by the Saints.

Wentz was the QB for two wins ... and then had a shit first half followed by a great performance in the clutch ... but the defense didn't hold.

Reminds of a game I just watched ... only the opponent failed to score when it could have at the end of that one.

EDITED TO ADD: I know that I'm Overbrooking a little because the thread is about whether Foles has warts.
              Last edited by slag; 01-08-2019, 09:04 PM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Edit: And what variance in results? There's no sample size for Wentz. He threw a TD with a torn ACL and then never saw a playoff game.
                Try and keep up champ, the results this year. Foles is 5-1, 4 straight must win games but you’re bringing up a game from over 5 years ago.

Comment

People are stupid. There were quite a few guys wanting Sudefeld to start the playoff game against Atlanta last year.

Comment

Try and keep up champ, the results this year. Foles is 5-1, 4 straight must win games but you’re bringing up a game from over 5 years ago.
                    I can't help you if you think that a win implies a good QB performance. Are we really going to sit here and pretend that Foles is playing under the same conditions as Wentz? Jernigan is back. Graham is healthy. Bennett is going off. Hicks is healthy. The new DBs are actually learning the scheme now. It's easy to be insanely reductive and place everything on the QB's shoulders, but if the defense played against the Bears the way they did earlier this season, Nick Foles getting them to 16 means jack shit. The idea that all performances are equal if they result in a win is just dumb.
                    Last edited by Melchior; 01-08-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

What are you babbling about?

You’ve been watching the games, Foles has been damn good, the offense looks better than it has all season AND it has resulted in wins.

Comment

Foles didn’t have Jeffrey or Tate for the first two games and Goedert wasn’t in the team yet. Wentz never made the connection with Jeffrey or Tate this year that Foles has.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          Foles didn’t have Jeffrey or Tate for the first two games and Goedert wasn’t in the team yet. Wentz never made the connection with Jeffrey or Tate this year that Foles has.
                          Oh, what a horseshit argument. Who gives a fuck? Ertz is breaking records.

The Goedert point is fair, but who cares if one guy favors Alshon and one guy favors Ertz? However, they've only recently started playing Goedert (they played a lot more 11 personnel in the Bears game than they have been)
                          Last edited by Melchior; 01-08-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

All Elimination games are Must Win games but not all Must Win games are Elimination Games.

The Pukes game was a Must Win game; the Rams and Texans games were Elimination games. (Sudfeld would have beaten the Foreskins.)

Comment

You made the point that Foles wasn’t good the first two games. You also complained that Wentz didn’t have the support Foles does now. I’m simply saying Wentz had weapons Foles didn’t have the first two games.

And as bad as the defense was for blowing big leads, if the Eagles had made a couple of first downs against the Titans, and if they had made even one first down against the Panthers, the Eagles win those games.

Comment

Working...
                              X