Watched this last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched this last night

While having a cigar on a beautiful spring night. I’m sure many of you have watched it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tuhnAnSZzzE

What I really foucused on and thought about for the first time is the play calling. The design of many of these plays is simply awesome. It almost brings tears of joy to my eyes. Who thought Gomer was capable of this type of next level play calling and game planning? I sure didn’t. Gomer and Wentz will keep the Eagles contending for many years.

Nice way to spend a half hour...

Spot on with play calling....our coaches that left (Reich, et al) to be missed??

Comment

I tend to think...

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Spot on with play calling....our coaches that left (Reich, et al) to be missed??
      That the approach is to have 2-3 variables on every play, with the QB deciding which one to take once he sees how the D is set. With either Wentz of Foles, we have that kind of QB so I tend to think we will continue to succeed as long as our O-line remains stout. The 5 guys up front are a huge reason for our success. Good play calling is important, but without the talent on field to execute, it would not go so well.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        While having a cigar on a beautiful spring night. I’m sure many of you have watched it:

What I really foucused on and thought about for the first time is the play calling. The design of many of these plays is simply awesome. It almost brings tears of joy to my eyes. Who thought Gomer was capable of this type of next level play calling and game planning? I sure didn’t. Gomer and Wentz will keep the Eagles contending for many years.
        Gomer has far, far exceeded my expectations. Such a refreshing change after chump.

Not only does Pederson design good plays on offense, he has the team buying into the team. Gomer has gotten the best out of his players. That is one thing chump could never hope to accomplish in the NFL.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

In retrospect, Peterson is the coach of the year. Best coach in football and certainly in the top three.

Comment

Two things I had said previously when they hired him—
            1. Like Payton, like Kubiak, playing QB in the NFL gave him an advantage in the play calling
            department. He called plays like he would want them to be called if he were the QB.

Even his first season, a handful of plays kept them from being 11-5 and in the playoffs.9

2. Being an ex-player, as recently as 2004, he knew what the locker room was like which is why he could relate to the players. In this regard having played for Shula, Holmgren and Reid didn’t hurt. Plus the Cincy game his rookie year where he questioned some players hearts, that was because he had his “ex-player” hat on and saw a lack of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Gomer has far, far exceeded my expectations. Such a refreshing change after chump.

Not only does Pederson design good plays on offense, he has the team buying into the team. Gomer has gotten the best out of his players. That is one thing chump could never hope to accomplish in the NFL.
              That’s because he was used to dealing with kids and not men.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                In retrospect, Peterson is the coach of the year. Best coach in football and certainly in the top three.
                Yeah I don’t get all the love for McVay. Ok he turned them around in his rookie year, but Pederson beat him on the field behind a back up QB at the end. Plus they went on to sew up the No.1 seed behind a backup QB. That should have been the decider.

Comment

Man... Corey Clement is everywhere on that tape. Kid was massive.

Comment

obviously you'd prefer for those guys to stay. but pederson calls the plays. we won't see anything like what happens sometimes when a team with a defensive-minded HC loses its OC.

Comment

i get the love. he's a great offensive HC. imo jared goff sucks and that offense was 100% mcvay. when cooper kupp is the leading receiver in the league's highest scoring offense, that's because of the system/coaches.

i do think pederson should have won coach of the year though. i feel like wentz's injury caused a perception that we backed into the postseason, and that factored into the voting.

Comment

In 2006 Albert Pujols hit .331 with 49 home runs and 137 RBIs and lost the MVP vote to Ryan Howard. The Cardinals won the World Series. Pujols was OK with that and Dougie is OK with his lot.

Comment

Speaking of Pederson, I remember some plays that went south the year before and him in his press conference saying something like, "the play was fine, the execution was not". He got flack for it in the media like he was just stubborn and couldn't admit his play call was bad.

Then this year, he was honestly about the same but the players were much better and the plays worked rather well.

I guess my point is that the receivers the year before were thought as being the worst in the nfl. This past year pretty much solidifies that notion. The fact that Wentz was able to put up the numbers he did his rookie year with the trash receivers he had is pretty impressive.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                          X