The 2017 SB Champion Eagles RB Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2017 SB Champion Eagles RB Core

Going into the season was Darren Sproles (34), LeGarrette Blount (30), Corey Clement (UDFA) and Wendell Smallwood. No need to bellyache over missing out on dime-a-dozen players like Tevin Coleman.

I'm much more concerned about the offensive line and whether they can reestablish dominance. That's not a young core.

And when it came time for the playoffs, especially the Super Bowl, they shredded the opposition.

Comment

I don't want to say "the best part of the eagles super bowl" was dismissing the myth of the elite RB, but it certainly was a good part. It did not eliminate the need for a bruising RB though. They really missed a guy who could get you 1-3 yards when you really needed that.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. When was the last time a Super Bowl was won by a team with a "main back" ? 2014 Seahawks? The front lines are what matter ....

Comment

Agreed. And that bruising RB we had in 2017 was signed in May on a one year incentive laced deal.

Comment

Outside of Sproles, Ajayi has elite potential and Clement has made some big catches.

IMO, there could be a completely new list of names at RB and production wouldn't be much different than last season. That's unrealistic. At least a couple of the current RBs will be back.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Fine on draft weekend

trade detroit a 7th in 2020 for Blount....then Ill feel better about the Rb situation.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                Outside of Sproles, Ajayi has elite potential and Clement has made some big catches.

IMO, there could be a completely new list of names at RB and production wouldn't be much different than last season. That's unrealistic. At least a couple of the current RBs will be back.
                Agreed. At least two of the RBs from last year will be back.

Comment

Would you feel better spending a 7th on Blount, or a 2nd on Montgomery, who could potentially turn into McCoy?

Granted, they could do both, but let's assume it's one or the other.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Isn't Blount a free agent?

Comment

So he is! This post lead me to think that he had a two year deal, and wasn't cut.

Shows what I get for trusting Trent's football knowledge.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'm probably in the minority but I don't want Sproles back. I admire and respect the guy for everything he's done in this league over his long career but I feel Father Time has caught up to him...time to hang up his cleats. That being said, Doug seems to still absolutely love him based on last year's play-calling when he was able to play.

I'm still not sold on Adams as he takes forever to get up to speed and I still have that horrific fumble(against Houston?) stuck in my memory bank. I like what I saw from Smallwood last season to be part of this season's RBBC.

Comment

he is,,

I genuinely thought he signed a 2 years deal ,,was 1 year deal for 2 mill...so no picks needed,,,see if he wants to come back to Philly...Id be fine with that.
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

I agree with the premise of this post, but it's a concern that Coleman would have been an improvement over what they have. I don't think that they even had an average, run for what you block him RB for most of last season. IMO the RBs (and Wentz) made the OL look a lot worse than they were.

I'm not too upset about missing out on Coleman, but I think Ingram would have been a nice addition. My preference would have been to add Ingram and a 2nd rounder. Now it looks like they'll go Ajayi and a 2nd rounder, plus two of Clement/Smallwood/Adams/Sproles.

Comment

I struggle nailing down the value of a good rb vs a core of avg rbs that have specialties.

I think its pretty obvious a great RB is a huge difference for a team, but even the same guy year to year or even game to game (Todd Gurley) is impossible to judge as to whether they fit in that category. I also think we've been relatively spoiled with guys like McCoy and Westbrook over the last 20 years to forget that having a bad corp like say the Jets in the last few years can be a huge negative.

Comment

Working...
                              X