No announcement yet.

Tevin Coleman to 49ers for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanahan may carry four backs since McKinnon and Breida are both coming off injuries. If not, Howie should kick the tires.

Of the remaining running backs left, Crowell would be my first choice.

Ajayi has me nervous because he's coming off a serious injury and he's a physical back with a chronic knee condition.

It appears this running back draft class may be weaker than previous classes and I don't trust them to get the right guy. As a result, Crowell may be the safest pick.

All I know is that I don't want to see anything that resembles last year's backfield.

Comment

All I know is that I don't want to see anything that resembles last year's backfield.
      Exactly. Either you or someone else said it - what we were missing last year was that guaranteed 3 - 4 yards on first down that we had with Blount/Ajayi. Don't need anything crazy given our skill players at WR/TE, but someone who is reliable.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        I’d rather Yelton.
        Yelton can pick up blitzes and catch the ball. Works for me.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Eagles & 49ers talking trade. No specifics yet. They need a wr pretty bad.

https://twitter.com/VincentFrankNFL/...55146627768321
          Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Mostert just signed a three-year deal with the Niners.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...gent-announces

Comment

Think you're right that either breida or mckinnon will be traded. Can't imagine them keeping all those rb's and trusting jordan matthews as their wr.
              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                2yr/$10m. Eagles need to snag one of these rb’s.
                They wont sign any RBs who were free agents. its pretty clear by now that they are trying to amass as many conditional draft picks from this free agent class as possible. that means they can only sign free agents from their team (like darby) or players who were cut by other teams before their contracts expired (like Desean).

Therefore a trade for McKinnon makes sense here.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I think

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                  They wont sign any RBs who were free agents. its pretty clear by now that they are trying to amass as many conditional draft picks from this free agent class as possible. that means they can only sign free agents from their team (like darby) or players who were cut by other teams before their contracts expired (like Desean).

Therefore a trade for McKinnon makes sense here.
                  you were referring to Malik Jackson being cut by Jacksonville and then signed, not Desean. They traded for Desean, then signed him to a new contract.

Overall, I agree with your take on the new philosophy:

- Keep your first and second round picks
                  - Be willing to move picks to acquire players (especially picks in rounds 3-5 for good players: Bennett, Ajayi) Note: McKinnon has a large cap number and is coming off the ACL
                  - Monitor the comp pick action, and gather up some additional picks in rounds 3-6
                  - Don't sign other teams' free agents if possible

Comment

Working...
                  X