Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I predict Jon Gruden...

... keeps announcing.

Easier job, plenty of money. Why the fkkk would he coach again? Already got the ring.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

I agree. I don't get it. He gets most of the benefits of coaching, is young enough to enjoy his kids and vice versa, and works much less for a damn good salary.

Comment

working with sean mcdonough probably sucks. makes sense that he misses tirico.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        ... keeps announcing.

Easier job, plenty of money. Why the fkkk would he coach again? Already got the ring.
        My thoughts exactly. He's living the dream. If he takes it I think he's out of his f'n mind.

Comment

How's that?
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wait ... I know why ... because Gruden is a blowhard who likes to talk about the "turkey hole" and other blather, while McDonough is one of the few tolerable broadcasters on television.

So Gruden wants some guy who will enhance his relentlessly annoying schtick more than a legit professional play by play guy.

My bad.

EDITED TO ADD: Although I actually have no beef with Tirico either ... so my confusion about your assertion remains.
            Last edited by slag; 01-01-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

i think mcdonough is really boring. MNF broadcast is a lot worse with him instead of tirico.

edit: aside from whether you like mcdonough and/or gruden, there were reports during the year that gruden missed tirico, and it was part of the reason that he didn't enjoy announcing as much as before.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 01-01-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

ESPN on the verge of cutting salary. The time is now.

Comment

Because he just describes the play and doesn't have forced catch phrases?

Comment

see the edit to my last post.

you're mixing up the roles of gruden and mcdonough. mcdonough is a play-by-play guy. we're comparing him to other play-by-play guys, like tirico. whether or not i like mcdonough has nothing to do with forced catch phrases from color commentators, like "turkey hole" or "starship seven."

Comment

No ... I'm talking about forced catch phrases from play by play guys ... Tirico does not generally do anything like that, but I do not get why you have a problem with McDonough when he does his job without any schtick ... does not generally avoid controversy ... and actually allows Gruden to talk too much

Comment

i just think he's boring. other national play-by-play guys - nantz, michaels, tirico - are better. and since MNF has gotten pretty bad, i associate him with a nationally televised game that often isn't worth watching. he's not annoying or anything, but i don't think he's very good either.

part of it is on gruden for talking about the turkey hole but the guys have no chemistry.

Comment

I watch sports if the game is good, or "my team" is playing, not to listen to the broadcasters.

If I get tired of one or more of them ... mute button.

Comment

If they make him a part owner of the team (rumored) then it makes a lot of sense. An ownership stake is forever

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              ... keeps announcing.

EGO....EGO.. NOT SAYING HE'LL COACH AGAIN, BUT THAT EGO MAY BE HOUNDING HIM, SAYING GO AHEAD, SHOW EM YA CAN WIN ANOTHER ONE YA PUS.
                              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-02-2018, 08:25 AM.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X