No announcement yet.

So what happens with this RB Pumphrey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what happens with this RB Pumphrey?

I think they stashed him last season with a legit but not season ending injury.

Question is did he spend the effort during the offseason to become NFL level?

It will be interesting.

IMO the Birds are gonna miss a steamroller like Blount. Pumphrery certaintly can't replace that role.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Certified chump.

Comment

they'll sign another guy. Apparently Pumphrey put on 20 lbs
      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
        they'll sign another guy. Apparently Pumphrey put on 20 lbs
        He's not gonna replace Blount but could he compete against Sproles?
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          I think they stashed him last season with a legit but not season ending injury.

Question is did he spend the effort during the offseason to become NFL level?

It will be interesting.

IMO the Birds are gonna miss a steamroller like Blount. Pumphrery certaintly can't replace that role.
          He played with a calf injury in TC, I don’t think we really saw what he can do. Word is he’s been working his ass off ever since.

Comment

1500 combined yards ... Duce gets a head-coaching gig.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Normally, I’d bet against him. But this isn’t a normal circumstance. He a damn freakin’ 2018 WORLD SUPER BOWL CHAMPION!

Comment

No One can compete against Sproles!!!!

Guy is a Machine! but he could learn in his shadow,,,give the guy one more camp and see what he has,,,Hopefully 43 is ready to take it back on regular basis...we had no return game last year.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Lest we not forget the lesson of...

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                  Certified chump.
                  Algholor, looked like a bust until he broke out this year...a little patience and we might be surprised.
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Seems like another Jeremy Bloom, but drafted even higher. No idea what they were thinking with that pick.

Ajayi and Clement seem like a fine duo to me. Pumphrey could then replace Barner. Kind of hard for me to say how important a bruiser is. Blount really wasn't great in short yardage or in the red zone last year, but came up huge in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      Seems like another Jeremy Bloom, but drafted even higher. No idea what they were thinking with that pick.

Ajayi and Clement seem like a fine duo to me. Pumphrey could then replace Barner. Kind of hard for me to say how important a bruiser is. Blount really wasn't great in short yardage or in the red zone last year, but came up huge in the playoffs.
                      I'm not sure I see the comparison there. Bloom was never anything more than a concept. In his best season at Colorado, he caught like 20 passes for 350 yards and showed some spark as a kick returner. There was no body of work, just some athletic potential.

Donnel had over 7500 all-purpose yards and broke Dayne's FBS rushing record. The kid worked for his records, and showed up day-in and day-out. He's got a Lawrence of Arabia of game film, compared to Bloom's rock video of tape.

The resumes don't jibe at all. Their NFL careers might, but as of right now, I'm expecting a hell of a lot more from Pumphrey than we ever got from Jeremy Bloom. I say he contributes this season, on the same level (with different skills, including PR) that Corey Clement did last year.

Comment

I hope you're right that we get a lot more from Pumphrey, especially considering we took him a round higher. Obviously if Pumphrey even replaces Barner he'll have had a better career than Bloom.

I'm not really talking about the resumes as much as the fact that they both seem like cute picks whose skills don't translate to the NFL. If Sproles is on the team in 2018 I'll be shocked if Pumphrey has a Clement-like season. I know Pumphrey was supposed to replace Sproles (who they thought would retire after 2017), but Sproles is a unique player in NFL history who I think is pretty hard to replicate.
                        Last edited by art vandelay; 04-07-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

He was no where ready last year, needed strength and training. He may be vastly better in '18 and the third back.
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I'LL BE AS SURPRISED AS MOST WERE ABOUT AGHOLOR, IF HE GETS ANY CARRIES AFTER PRESEASON.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Pump doesn't cost a thing

I say give him a try. Sproles is just a phone call away.

Plus-they'll have 90 guys on the roster into camp. Why close the door at all on anybody at any position until then.

Couple of things I'm curious about:

- Will Doug still look to have 4 RBs on the roster with such different skill sets/usages? (Blount-hammer; Ajayi-more speed; Clement-pass catcher; Barner- all-purpose guy)

-Doug mentioned that even with Clement doing so well last year, he doesn't see his role changing. That may depend on who they end up with out of the draft/UDFA

Comment

Working...
                              X