So what’s your impression of the draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what’s your impression of the draft

I believe that Goedert and Maddox will be instant contributors. Maddox is small but appears to be very quick and football savvy. Goedert is a no brained...but I’m interested to see how Maddox contributes.

IMO, I think this could be a very successful draft if only one of the final 3 selections reach their potential (Sweat, Pryor, Mailata). It’s all medical with Sweat because that dude can ball.

For what it’s worth, Josh Adams (FA) was listed on Gil Brandt’s board as the highest rated RB left after the draft and the Eagles signed him. After watching his play, it seems like he can fill that Blount roll (pun) very well. Seems to be a good zone RB with some power. He has room to add weight and power to get to Blounts level. He was a captain so you know he’s good in the locker room and they must have respected his play.

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    I believe that Goedert and Maddox will be instant contributors. Maddox is small but appears to be very quick and football savvy. Goedert is a no brained...but I’m interested to see how Maddox contributes.

IMO, I think this could be a very successful draft if only one of the final 3 selections reach their potential (Sweat, Pryor, Mailata). It’s all medical with Sweat because that dude can ball.

For what it’s worth, Josh Adams (FA) was listed on Gil Brandt’s board as the highest rated RB left after the draft and the Eagles signed him. After watching his play, it seems like he can fill that Blount roll (pun) very well. Seems to be a good zone RB with some power. He has room to add weight and power to get to Blounts level. He was a captain so you know he’s good in the locker room and they must have respected his play.
    According to the crew on ESPN yesterday they feel that SWEAT was a STEAL where the birds got him, he had a horrible knee injury in High School but it was fixed and he played in college then the Eagles doctors cleared him, they said he should have been 1st round talent if not for the knee.

Comment

Im in love the Goebdert pick and it has nothing to do with allegedly stealing him from Dallas. I think he has the potential to be a star on the Eagles, especially with the way Pederson likes to use his TEs. Plus I think he fills a huge need, and that some are massively under rating what losing Burton is going to mean to this team.

I am a little worried about the RB situation is going to look like this year but I think TE was a way bigger need. I think they are really going to miss having a big punishing RB like blount in the back field. I think that loss will be felt more than any other FA we let walk this year.

Im not sure what to think of the other picks. I definitely think they did a good job filling holes in the roster with the limited picks they had. Maddox should fill in nicely in the slot. Im interested to see how Sweat comes along, I think he will be a project but could end up being a huge steal for the birds. Also have no idea what to think about the rugby player or that RB for ND.

The FO has done a great job of drafting the last couple years so I give them the benefit of the doubt. The draft for me was made with the Goebdert pick and everything else was gravy. Its also nice to remember that Sydney Jones coming back is basically a 1st round pick this year. With the moves this team made this offseason I definitely think they are primed for another SB run, if Wentz gets back to his former self, which I fully expect. Cant wait for September to get here.

Comment

If Goedert ends up as good as they think, getting him and an additional second next year was better than I would have expected. Apparently, they didn't think much of the running backs so I guess I can't argue with that. My gut tells me this was just a weaker than usual draft class.

Comment

GOTTA LOVE DALLAS.... I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I give them an A. I might still be in the Super Bowl honeymoon phase though.

Comment

Yeah. My thought is I still have 271 days to use the phrase World Champion Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles. At least 271.
              Last edited by RSE; 04-29-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Here's a fun stat

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                If Goedert ends up as good as they think, getting him and an additional second next year was better than I would have expected. Apparently, they didn't think much of the running backs so I guess I can't argue with that. My gut tells me this was just a weaker than usual draft class.
                the last time a 1st round pick RB scored a TD in the Super Bowl was Jamal Lewis in 2000.

Comment

Marshawn Lynch?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                    Yeah. My thought is I still have 271 days to use the phrase World Champion Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles. At least 271.
                    Exactly.

I'm with you guys. Given everything I can't complain right now.

Remember when the Eagles took a 26 year old Canadian fireman in the first round?
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

First draft that I can remember that didn't fire off a Bust, Chump or Jagoff comment (that I saw anyway).

Comment

In Howie and Gomer we trust.

Comment

TE was a great Pick, & no one has mentioned M. Kendricks !

being traded or not traded or No linebackers,,No safeties. This was a draft for depth....and like most drafts you can't tell at 1st glance.

we got some depth on a team that will most likely cutt some quality players
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

I stand corrected

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                            Marshawn Lynch?
                            Maybe that's amended for (the team that drafted him).

Comment

it would have been unfathomable two years ago to even think this about the front office, but now toast of the league world champions and the ability to repeat this year. Also good article from a guy up my way.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football...429-story.html
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X