Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dougie's obsession with Sproles

Now seems surprisingly justified.

If it was a five game season, Sproles would have a lot of value.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Was it ultimately worth it to bring him back? I thought it was a questionable decision even before he got hurt, but lately he's played his best football since 2014 and he sadly brings more to the table than our other RBs.

They still made the playoffs and Sproles was a huge part of the Houston game. Signing Sproles didn't really keep them from bringing anyone else in, so I think it was worth it.

Comment

I think this is right. Certainly didn't hurt them roster-wise. He was a huge factor in the Houston win. That was worth the roster spot itself.

I do think it says more about the other running backs, though. This offense would be fantastic with a guy who could reliably get you 4 yards on 1st down. Kinda like last year.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          I think this is right. Certainly didn't hurt them roster-wise. He was a huge factor in the Houston win. That was worth the roster spot itself.

I do think it says more about the other running backs, though. This offense would be fantastic with a guy who could reliably get you 4 yards on 1st down. Kinda like last year.
          Yeah, these are the worst Eagles RBs since 2000. RBs are generally replaceable but 2018 was a rare case where RB should have been a priority over WR at the deadline. Howie probably did prioritize RB, but ultimately it would have been ridiculous to give what Buffalo wanted for McCoy and outbidding other teams for the likes of Carlos Hyde wasn't worth it either.

I'd imagine the RBs next year will be Clement, Smallwood, and Adams plus a relatively early draft pick, but none of the current guys are guaranteed a roster spot. I think Smallwood might actually be better than Clement as an RB but they seem to like what Clement brings to STs.

Comment

BRING HIM BACK FOR ONE MORE YEAR. WHY NOT? SEE WHAT HE'S GOT.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'm not sure

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I'd imagine the RBs next year will be Clement, Smallwood, and Adams plus a relatively early draft pick, but none of the current guys are guaranteed a roster spot. I think Smallwood might actually be better than Clement as an RB but they seem to like what Clement brings to STs.
              all three of those guys are back. If the Clement season-long injury rumor is true, he'll definitely be back, but he was really poor in pass pro after being surprisingly solid last season.

Smallwood and Adams are duplicative talent-wise and I could see them bringing sproles back. I do think they'll add a back in the mid-rounds 3-6.

Comment

I am very confident this offensive line can make an average RB look good. I am also very confident none of these RBs are that good. They need to draft a RB and get a lower end free agent next year. I want a RB that will make this team have to run the ball.

Comment

Yeah I don't think they need Barry Sanders, but they need something better than what they have now. Seem to be able to steal decent RB's in the middle rounds of the draft these days.

Comment

I never want a one workhorse back. I want a running back by committee. I know I say it a lot but I like the way New England does it. Follow their blueprint like we did last season. They always know the importance of having a good running game to protect Brady especially in the colder months.

Comment

Committee is fine but there's a difference between a committee of Ajayi, Blount and Clement and a committee of Smallwood, Adams and Sproles.

Somewhere in between would be just fine.

Comment

Smallwood, Adams and Clement can all go as far as I'm concerned. One probably sticks around just because a complete flip at the position is unrealistic.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I have come to a point

where this is no longer a topic for me,,,if you so stupid you do not understand the guy is a Pro's pro....talk or discussion will not help..
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

Adams, Smallwood and Sproles (AKA A.S.S.) need to go next year. Sproles looks better because the others are so blah. They need to totally overhaul this position in the off-season.

Comment

I SAID BRING HIM BACK FOR ONE MORE YEAR.
                              HE'LL BE 36 NEXT YEAR.
                              NOT SCREW HIM, LET HIM GO.
                              WHY YOU CALLING ME STUPID.
                              ??????

WE WATCHED GAME TOGETHER SUNDAY AND I AGREED WITH YOU????

STONED AGAIN?
                              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-02-2019, 04:39 PM.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X