No announcement yet.

OT: Is anyone still into College Hoops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Is anyone still into College Hoops?

Granted the Eagles winning the SB has made this offseason different than any others, but there used to be a lot of College Basketball threads this time of year. I'm sure the 1 or 2 Villanova fans are still into it, as well as they should be.

I didn't watch it all this year. I think Fran Dunphy running Temple into the ground had a lot to do with it, but just in general I'm not interested. I think the one and done rule really did a number on the product. It used to be my favorite!

Not nearly as much as I used to be. The one and done stuff did me in. There's little continuity in the lineups year to year. I enjoyed watching players develop and teams gel over the course of a few years. Still love the tournament but I'm not as juiced up for that even.

For my money, the NBA product is much better right now. Best players in the world. Better story lines. And as a TV product, the studio shows are fantastic.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Gonna be an interesting tournament this year. No dominant team

Comment

Of course im pullin for my home state. Lets go Vols!

Comment

Do you think Temple is gonna shit-can Dunphy? I hope so
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Yeah the NBA is great. I cannot wait for the playoffs, Houston vs Golden State is going to be an alltimer.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              Do you think Temple is gonna shit-can Dunphy? I hope so
              I wish, but I don't think so. They owe him 4.5 million over the next 3 years, and he's not going to walk away from that. The Temple athletic program put all their money into Football and it isn't generating revenue. So they can't eat a contract like that. Basketball program is cooked.

Comment

agreed on all counts. i like the tournament but it's great bad basketball. NBA playoffs are much higher quality. still, i can't get into regular season basketball. but i'm basic and the NFL league whose regular season i watch if one of my teams isn't playing.

nice signature btw!

edit: as to roth's point, the eagles SB victory has definitely changed things. other sports used to be a holdover. i tried watching the ACC title game and the spurs @ OKC on saturday. couldn't get into it, and i think the SB victory had a bit to do with that.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 03-12-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I like Penn vs. Kansas. Opened at -15, down to -14 already. I expect that game to actually be competitive.

Hopefully I will get geighbacked as well.

Comment

Ha thanks!

Yeah, I think there is something to that. Less of a sense of urgency with sports since the SB.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It’s JV basketball for sure. I’ve gotten the sense that more people just don’t care about it as much, but I thought maybe it was because I root for Temple.

Comment

I'm much less turned off by the one and done as much as I am at the blatant exploitation of the players. Every time I watch, and as the events & TV money continue to get bigger, and I realize these kids are playing for next to nothing and everyone else is getting paid, sort of makes me sick to my stomach. Can't even sign their own name and get paid. I hope and pray for the day one of these teams or star players refuses to come out of the lockeroom for a giant march madness game or bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                          Granted the Eagles winning the SB has made this offseason different than any others, but there used to be a lot of College Basketball threads this time of year. I'm sure the 1 or 2 Villanova fans are still into it, as well as they should be.

I didn't watch it all this year. I think Fran Dunphy running Temple into the ground had a lot to do with it, but just in general I'm not interested. I think the one and done rule really did a number on the product. It used to be my favorite!
                          Hate it, Hate March Madness here is a sport nobody can name 5 players in and they all leave after 1 year.

Comment

I love March Madness. I expect a future Sixer could be in there somewhere (Either Bridges, Knox, Smith, Sexton, Young, Walker, Williams).

Comment

impolite

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              I love March Madness. I expect a future Sixer could be in there somewhere (Either Bridges, Knox, Smith, Sexton, Young, Walker, Williams).
                              haha

Comment

Working...
                              X