X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's just take a roll call right now - If Foles wins three more games

Who do you want to be the QB next year?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

You want to focus on a theoretical QB controversy?

Nice energy, bro.

Comment

slow your roll, man. Let's enjoy the ride!

Comment

I'm not a poor, stupid fuck. I'm spending my energy realistically.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

It would be a no-brainer to keep our 29 year old HOF QB.

Comment

I'll take that headache next year. I have no idea.

Comment

Theoretically = realistically

You...

Comment

to be clear

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                It would be a no-brainer to keep our 29 year old HOF QB.
                Foles is a HOFer if he does that, right?

Comment

Foles is great for NOW...BUT!

If you really want to move on from Wentz because he has missed a few games the last two years, you have to remember that very few young quarterbacks have a smooth, easy route to greatness. Drew Brees got benched for Doug Flutie in his second year. Kurt Warner played in the Arena Football League and NFL Europe. Aaron Rodgers wasn't a starter until Year 4. Joe Montana had one winning season before his 27th birthday. Steve Young had a 15-24 record to show for his first seven seasons. Matthew Stafford missed 19 games with injuries his first two seasons but hasn't missed a game since. John Elway didn't win a playoff game until his fifth season, didn't win a Super Bowl until his 15th season. Bart Starr won more NFL championships than any QB in history. His first five seasons? He had 23 touchdowns, 40 interceptions and an 11-20 record. I could go on all day. You don't give up on a guy who is clearly remarkably skilled just because of a bump or two in the road.

This was a whole team in the post SB doldrums that was again hit with a bunch of injuries, and Nick was not looking all that hot in the 1st 2 games of the season. I do believe that a full off season for Wentz, where he does not have to rehab and can focus on football, will bring back the phenom that was so hot last year prior to the injury, and probably better than he was. Nick has been great in the last two years playoff runs, but can he sustain it for an entire season? Remember that he has now come off the bench in December, not after a dozen games of taking hits. And D's don't have much of a book on him to scheme against him.

As Ray Diddy put it, Wentz is a 'generational' player, one that only comes along rarely. Now, if he left and has a stellar career elsewhere, how awful will that feel?
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Sudfield

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      Who do you want to be the QB next year?
                      ....trade both of the top 2 QBs while they have market strong value or before they leave ......load up on picks and start building for the future.
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

So Eli Manning is a lock?
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think we are only one more win away from this being a seriously legit question. It's unprecedented, but this is a pretty unprecedented situation. A couple things to consider:

-Foles is only 29 as Art stated.
                          - His stats speak for themselves. I argued that he was the best Eagles QB of all time and that is debatable. Is it debatable that he is the most important Eagles QB of all time?
                          -The mutual affection between Foles and Philadelphia
                          -Perhaps most importantly, Wentz's injury history. He isn't staying healthy. This is a real concern...

I'm not saying I would trade Wentz today, but, gosh, I'm beginning to consider it. A couple of weeks ago this, to me, was a stupid question. I'm not sure anymore.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Because he’s in NY?

Comment

Working...
                              X