Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    Who do you want to be the QB next year?
    I think it comes down to how many more big wins and records does one personally need to see to believe in the guy long term. I’m obviously all set
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Honestly, my thought is you put BOTH on the market and take the offer that makes the best future. The other is your starter.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

No brainer. What other franchise has let go of a 2x SB winner? Imagine if after NE beat Panthers in the SB they keep Bledsoe over Brady. They went with Brady after winning first SB. Only reason this is a debate is because of where they were drafted & potential of Wentz. Sam Bradford had potential too.
        Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

is Wentz worth more or less

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Honestly, my thought is you put BOTH on the market and take the offer that makes the best future. The other is your starter.
          than his draft day trade? 8th overall, a 3rd, 4th, a future first and a future 2nd.

I think more and a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            If you really want to move on from Wentz because he has missed a few games the last two years, you have to remember that very few young quarterbacks have a smooth, easy route to greatness. Drew Brees got benched for Doug Flutie in his second year. Kurt Warner played in the Arena Football League and NFL Europe. Aaron Rodgers wasn't a starter until Year 4. Joe Montana had one winning season before his 27th birthday. Steve Young had a 15-24 record to show for his first seven seasons. Matthew Stafford missed 19 games with injuries his first two seasons but hasn't missed a game since. John Elway didn't win a playoff game until his fifth season, didn't win a Super Bowl until his 15th season. Bart Starr won more NFL championships than any QB in history. His first five seasons? He had 23 touchdowns, 40 interceptions and an 11-20 record. I could go on all day. You don't give up on a guy who is clearly remarkably skilled just because of a bump or two in the road.

This was a whole team in the post SB doldrums that was again hit with a bunch of injuries, and Nick was not looking all that hot in the 1st 2 games of the season. I do believe that a full off season for Wentz, where he does not have to rehab and can focus on football, will bring back the phenom that was so hot last year prior to the injury, and probably better than he was. Nick has been great in the last two years playoff runs, but can he sustain it for an entire season? Remember that he has now come off the bench in December, not after a dozen games of taking hits. And D's don't have much of a book on him to scheme against him.

As Ray Diddy put it, Wentz is a 'generational' player, one that only comes along rarely. Now, if he left and has a stellar career elsewhere, how awful will that feel?
            Get your logic and reasoning out of here this isn’t the thread for that. Trade wentz to Jax for Ramsey and their 1st this year.

Comment

Because he won two SB MVPs. With that on the resume, you only need an average regular season career. Eli had that. Terrell Davis made the HOF based on his postseason play as did Kurt Warner (while winning fewer SBs than Eli).

Eli would make the HOF regardless of his team. The NY media bias/Manning name only makes it more certain.

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

BTW, not trying to be snarky or anything. I just think Eli is a lock based on his resume and what the HOF voters look for.

Comment

Honestly, I think the HOF gets it wrong a lot. I’m all for some type of NFL committee voting in players.

Comment

Eli will likely get into the HOF because he played in NY and he got two SB MVP's. That said, he doesn't deserve it. In my opinion, a HOF QB should have at least been considered one of the 5 or so best QB's of his own era. A HOF QB should have won one or at the very least been in the top 5 in several years of MVP voting. Eli has never been the best QB in the NFL for even one season in his career.

In his own era, his brother, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers all clearly have HOF resumes. I'd probably slot him above Rivers and Flacco.

In my opinion, you win Super Bowl MVP's for being the best QB in a playoff run. You get to the HOF for being one of the best QB's of all time. He's isn't one of the best of his time let alone all time. If you remove the two great Super Bowl runs, his playoff record is atrocious. He has QB'd some of the worst Giants teams of all time. He has a ridiculous number of INT's. I could go on and on.

Will he get in - probably. Should he? No way.

Comment

100%
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Why do you think I asked the question? EDITED TO ADD: It wasn't because I really give a shit about the Slack Jawed Yokel's HOF prospects.
                          Last edited by slag; 01-07-2019, 04:04 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...this-offseason
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Agree. The SB puts him above Rivers in most minds. Rivers had the better career. I’m not a fan of the HOF process.

Michael Irving? Chris Carter? Kurt Warner?

Their media presence got them over the hump via politics.

Comment

As much as I hate him, I think Eli gets in the HOF for two factors.

1: He won two SBs and was MVP in both of them.

2: His durability. He hasn't missed many snaps due to injury. I think the only time I really saw him get nailed was by Jerome McDougle.
                                --------
                                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                                X