I loved BDawk's intensity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    actually "won" more playoff games than mcnabb.

does SB 52 mean jenkins isn't a choker, yet dawkins is?
    Jenkins knocked out Cooks and won a Super Bowl. I can't remember any big plays from Dawkins in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      The one where McNabb threw 3 TD passes in the second half to bring the Eagles back from a 24-6 hole the defense put them in.

Only to have the defense give up an almost 8 minute scoring drive.

Edit to add:

For the record, I think Dawkins should be in the HOF and I do not think McNabb should be. But in terms of winners and losers, neither of them got the job done.
      I agree with this assertion. Love BDawk, but think he came up small in our big games. Arizona game is a GREAT example
      Last edited by dev_32; 08-04-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        DON'T PLAY INTO IT. LET IT DRIFT OFF THE FIRST PAGE. DAWK MAY BE THE BEST PLAYER EVER FOR THE IGGLES, AT LEAST IN THE MODERN AREA. PRE 1968 I CAN'T SPEAK FOR, EXCEPT FROM FILM.
        I would agree with your assertion about him being an Eagle great. But he was a chicken choker.....

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
          Jenkins knocked out Cooks and won a Super Bowl. I can't remember any big plays from Dawkins in the playoffs
          do you remember the interception he caught in OT in the 4th and 26 game?

tom brady threw for 500 yards without brandin cooks. i don't think jenkins knocking him out really did us much good. hell, NE SET A RECORD FOR YARDS IN THE SB. yet jenkins gets credit for the SB victory? ok.

Comment

well at least we agree that akers was a choker.

Comment

What a great time to start this (bogus) conversation.

Comment

It is an interesting conversation to the extent that the difference between pissing on a player or canonizing him is often simply luck.

Scott Norwood is inside the right upright and nobody mentions Jeff Hostetler when talking about Nick Foles.

Julio Jones doesn't slip and Foles is still Fooles.

Quinton Demps makes a tackle on 4th down in Arizona and this thread maybe doesn't happen.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I truly believe the difference between Dawkins and McNabb is their personalities. If they switched them, the love and hate would flip, also. As far as what they did on the field, it was the 'McNabb era' not the 'Dawkins era'. It's nice that Dawkins got in but I agree with Dev here.

Comment

Don't disagree there ... however, another element is that quarterbacks get more credit, and take more shit, than they generally deserve.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That whole regime is painful to think about. Poor chief's fans

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        It is an interesting conversation to the extent that the difference between pissing on a player or canonizing him is often simply luck.

Scott Norwood is inside the right upright and nobody mentions Jeff Hostetler when talking about Nick Foles.

Julio Jones doesn't slip and Foles is still Fooles.

Quinton Demps makes a tackle on 4th down in Arizona and this thread maybe doesn't happen.
                        this. exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          I truly believe the difference between Dawkins and McNabb is their personalities. If they switched them, the love and hate would flip, also. As far as what they did on the field, it was the 'McNabb era' not the 'Dawkins era'. It's nice that Dawkins got in but I agree with Dev here.
                          This is it exactly. Dawkins was one of us, Mcnabb smiled after he threw interceptions and threw up in the Super Bowl.

But Dawkins earned his spot in the HOF and its not because he we so loved by the fans.

I do think when Jenkins career is done here there will be discussion about who was the better player for the Eagles.
                          Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-04-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                            This is it exactly. Dawkins was one of us, Mcnabb smiled after he threw interceptions and threw up in the Super Bowl.

But Dawkins earned his spot in the HOF and its not because he we so loved by the fans.

I do think when Jenkins career is done here there will be discussion about who was the better player for the Eagles.
                            man, i love jenkins, but there's just no comparison. dawkins was one of the greatest safeties of all time. there's not even going to be a conversation about jenkins going into the HOF.

i don't like the talk of a safety being clutch, even though i understand that he was the leader of the defense. do i believe that john lynch possessed some clutch gene that eluded dawk? hell no. if you're going to compare jenkins to dawk based on playing on an SB-winning team, you have to recognize the fact that the defense was absolutely torched in that victory.

dawkins was still playing at a high level in his 13th season. i don't think for a second that jenkins will still be here in 2021.

Comment

I dont think its as far off as you think

Jenkins 9 seasons- 539 Tackles 16 Ints 6.5 Sacks 11 FF 6 TDs

Dawkins 16 season- 895 tackles 37 Ints 26 Sacks 4 FF 2 TDs

Dawkins was a pioneer at his position, Jim Johnson used him in ways that nobody had thought to use a safety at the time. Im not hating on Dawkins I just think there will be a conversation to be had for Jenkins but I suppose alot of that will depend on how long he ends up playing in Philly.

Comment

brian dawkins had 36 FF, not 4. i don't really think numbers tell the stories with safeties the way they do with offensive players, but the sacks and forced fumbles are probably more representative of how dawk played than the INTs. dawk had 2 first team all-pro seasons with only 2 INTs. his longevity was also part of what made him so great.

i'm not hating on jenkins i just don't think there will even be a conversation. it's almost like saying that brandon graham deserves a spot alongside reggie white. even with the strip-sack, it just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X