Please trade Giroux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please trade Giroux.

This guy can score points. He can get the emotional win. But he can not lead this team on a Tuesday night to critical points. Never could. Hockey teams need a consistent reliable captain that can outclass other teams in a moment. He’s not in that class. You put a legitimate captain on this team with all this talent they can win. I’m over the goalie shit that’s no longer the problem. Lazy D. No urgency. That’s on the captain.
    Charismatic megafauna.

DERP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
      This guy can score points. He can get the emotional win. But he can not lead this team on a Tuesday night to critical points. Never could. Hockey teams need a consistent reliable captain that can outclass other teams in a moment. He’s not in that class. You put a legitimate captain on this team with all this talent they can win. I’m over the goalie shit that’s no longer the problem. Lazy D. No urgency. That’s on the captain.
      They are like 18-5-2 in their last 25 games. Last night they lost because young guys f'd up and it costs them.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        They are like 18-5-2 in their last 25 games. Last night they lost because young guys f'd up and it costs them.
        And the Caps are better.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
          And the Caps are better.
          that too. Flyers can hang with some teams but the caps are just a bigger and faster team.

Flyers are probably a couple years away.

On the Giroux thing, they probably can't trade him anyway because of his contract. Same with Voracek.

I was all for moving him, jake and Simmonds but realistically Jake and Giroux are real tough too move.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Ha what?

You're right, what this team needs are 10 Dan Carcillos. Guys who want that critical win on a Tuesday. Guys who care.

Comment

No. They need to be led by someone that understands the criticality of each game. Look at all of the teams having success, they have a bona fide super star captain. G would be a beloved Assistant. Obviously you all must look at the stats and watch the big high profile games but if you're slogging through with this team every night you can see how lazy and unsure they appear. I hate this young BS. You're a professional athlete. You need to perform. I do not see other teams with this much talent underperforming this way. I would make LAUGHTON the captain TODAY! The Islanders are keeping us in the mix to be honest.
              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Did you call 97.5 this morning?
                Moderator at philaphans.com

Comment

Ahhh a nice 5 unanswered goals after the halfway mark. Now that’s a captain. Really conveying discipline and ensuring the necessary win. One day you’ll see they’ll never win with this guy leading them.
                  Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

yeah him giving up 7 goals - trade his ass, der

Comment

So last night's win was...emotional, but neither critical nor necessary?

Comment

Right, seeing as they have a 2.6% chance to make the playoffs because they blew all the critical junctures. This is like a consolation prize -- hey we beat the Penguins!!! Not impressed. Get the wins you need to overcome the hole you put yourself in. Get the wins you need to pull within a point of the playoffs. I do not believe Giroux will be leading this team when they do finally win.
                        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Also guys, I do not blame 7 goal nights on a goaltender and neither should you. This is what happens when you are not disciplined and do not have a captain that can MAKE YOU WIN when its absolutely critical!!! Your defense is soft. Turnovers. Poor passing. I'd like to see a Penguins game where they are playing like the Flyers do most nights.
                          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Also guys, I do not blame 7 goal nights on a goaltender and neither should you. This is what happens when you are not disciplined and do not have a captain that can MAKE YOU WIN when its absolutely critical!!! Your defense is soft. Turnovers. Poor passing. I'd like to see a Penguins game where they are playing like the Flyers do most nights.
                            Oh, got it. You're trolling/playing a character.

Better than the alternative, which is that you actually believe your hot taeks.

Comment

This is NOT a hot take!!!!
                              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Working...
                              X