• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, just need a good lb and this defense is ready to rock
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
      If they resign Darby I think early draft is off the table, Maddox, Darby would probably start and then fight for the rest. Don't like Mills one bit though and could either move him or try safety.
      After last season you keep as many CB on the roster as possible

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
        Very nice, just need a good lb and this defense is ready to rock
        Two of the first three picks are going to be defense, as well. DE/DT/S, some combination of those positions. LB will probably go in the middle rounds.

If they hit on the early picks, the defense will be in really good shape.

Comment

Nice!

I kinda expected him to stay,,,what I like about this deal is, its a lot like Jefferies deal. You can extend him long term later in the year if you want.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            Very happy if it happens
            They are saying 8.5 million. Yikes.

Comment

Yikes?

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

A 1 year deal below his estimated market value.

Apparently Mills may start the season on PUP and he's been more inconsistent than Darby with a far lower ceiling.

After the Saints game (pt. 1), I think Howie realized that you can never have enough corner depth.

CB1 - Darby
              CB2 - Maddox
              Nickel - Cre'von
              Depth - Jones/Rasul

Maybe they put Maddox in that 3rd safety role and use Jenkins in the box more, especially with Hicks gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

If they have it, who cares? Between Peters, Agholor, and Darby coming off the books next year, you have Wentz's money.

Comment

Would have let him walk. Like the health, salaries, attitudes, and potential of the other guys.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-15-2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Next year Darby walks after he gets healthy and we ( not they) get the 3rd round comp.

Comment

For what they paid I’m really surprised they ponied that much up for a guy coming off torn ACL.

especially with how LeBlanc, Maddox, and Douglas played down the stretch.

No chance I bring him back for that kind of money. He may not even be ready for week 1. Senseless IMO
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-16-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

That’s my concern as well.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        For what they paid I’m really surprised they ponied that much up for a guy coming off torn ACL.

especially with how LeBlanc, Maddox, and Douglas played down the stretch.

No chance I bring him back for that kind of money. He may not even be ready for week 1. Senseless IMO
                        That next year is hard on a player with a ACL. This is basically a $8m risk banking on very good play which will result in a 3rd round comp. in 2020.

The Eagles already have three 7th round picks in 2020. Do the Eagles view 2020 as a deep draft and they want to accumulate picks?

Comment

The Eagles already have three 7th round picks in 2020. Do the Eagles view 2020 as a deep draft and they want to accumulate picks?
                          Doesnt matter what they think. You can never have enough draft pick, especially when youre about to throw a ton of cap space into QB position. The draft is such a crap shoot, nobody can predict how a player will turn out in the NFL. The more picks you have the more likely it is you hit on a few players.
                          Last edited by broadstreetparade; 03-16-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

They aren't aiming for 7th round comp picks

That next year is hard on a player with a ACL. This is basically a $8m risk banking on very good play which will result in a 3rd round comp. in 2020.

they are playing the game for 3rd-5th round comp picks while they can. Next year, Agholor, McLeod, Mills, and even Vaitai are going to be free agents. Their prospective deals could net some good comp picks.

I think that we will eventually see Darby's contract is more of a "worth up to $8.5 million" vs. an "$8.5 million" deal.

Comment

Working...
                            X