No announcement yet.

Watched the Sixers for the first time all season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Adding a jumper." This is like saying about Antonio Brown -- "It's not like he doesn't understand the ability to jump would improve his ability to receive the football." How can you be an NBA player and not have shooting the basketball in your repertoire!! And if you don't have it you don't just defer to driving. You get the hell out there and you shoot the rock!!!!!!!!!!! HELLLLOOOOOOO
    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

If your best pair of skinny jeans is missing a pocket, you sew the damn pocket on!
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Exactly!

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        If your best pair of skinny jeans is missing a pocket, you sew the damn pocket on!
        At least a Sex Pistols patch!
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Great thread... So... What were the spurs asking for Kawhi? Let's see... Two more years of Ben who is going to la or one year of kawhi who is also going to la.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            He's not a good shooter by NBA standards, that's for sure, but I don't think it is so much that he "can't" shoot. He just doesn't shoot. I don't think it even occurs to him in the heat of the moment.

I saw an interview with him in college wherein he was asked why he never takes jump shots. His answer was, essentially, "why would I shoot jumpers when I can get to the paint at will." That's been his game his whole life and in the moment, we always revert back to what we know. When Simmons gets the ball 15 feet out with 5 feet of space, he doesn't think "open jumper," he thinks "5 foot head start to the lane."

Before it sounds like I'm making excuses for him, I actually think this is a worse problem than if he just wasn't a good shooter. Jason Kidd was a bad shooter by NBA standards when he was a rookie. He improved. Simmons needs to change his whole approach to the game. That's what it seems like to me and that's not as easy as simply shooting extra jumpers in the gym.
            That’s a damn good post, man. I hadn’t thought of it like that.

Comment

I blacked out while I typed that like Will Ferrell in Old School.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
              X