• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles To Sign Haloti Ngata

1 year deal per Schefty and Mort

HOWIEEEEEEEE

Comment

This has Joe Douglas fingerprints all over it. I thought Ngata was more of a 3-4 guy, but I guess he can contribute to the rotation.

Comment

Remember our Boobie prize that draft?

we all knew Ozzy would go Defense,,so after Baltimore took NGata we settle on Jerome McDougle......now thats a Boobie Prize,,,,,so 10 years later we get the guy for 1st downs?
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          we all knew Ozzy would go Defense,,so after Baltimore took NGata we settle on Jerome McDougle......now thats a Boobie Prize,,,,,so 10 years later we get the guy for 1st downs?
          That year was Brodrick Bunkley, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            That year was Brodrick Bunkley, I think.
            Correct. McDougle was 03. He went one pick before Polamalu.

Eagles had Dawk and a 23 year old Michael Lewis so Polamalu wasn't on their radar, but, OF COURSE he went one pick after McDougle.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 03-13-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Yep

Brodrick Bunkley
              Winston Justice
              Chris Gocong
              Max Jean-Gilles
              Jason Avant
              Jeremy Bloom
              Omar Gaither
              LaJuan Ramsey

Helluva draft, that was.

Comment

Douglas needs a promotion (or fake title bump) coupled with a huge pay raise. Lurie MUST keep him happy and here long term. I hope he doesn't grow tired of Roseman getting credit for everything and leave for a true GM gig after his contract expires.

One could see somebody getting rubbed the wrong way if their work is being largely credited to somebody else. Especially a guy with Howie's personality and love for the cameras.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-13-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

funny thing was everyone was nutting over that draft. we all wanted a DT, and with ngata off the board, everyone was celebrating that bunkley fell to us (he was a better fit than ngata anyway). winston justice was supposed to go in the first round, gocong seemed like a great pass rusher, and jean-gilles was a road grader. and then you had jeremy bloom...man, jeremy bloom.

thank god for the 2012 draft.

Comment

In fairness, 6/8 ended up as starters at one point or another. None were stars or even above average players though.

Comment

Many were prototypical Reid "I know better than everybody else" picks. Like when the pick is announced, and you're all excited for who you expect to be called...and then you go, "Huh? Who?" before looking the dude up to see if he's any good.

Comment

ahh ok thats right,,was Bunkley...yeah he wasn't a total bust

he played more snaps than Jerome
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Exactly,,,when Ngata went off the board

I was not celebrating the Bunkley pick,,,,I knew Ngata was the Pick

AR was turrible drafting defensive talent.
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

RINSE AND REPEAT.

EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE WITH THE CHAMPS.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Is this definite? I heard one report just now that said Eagles were front runners but not a done deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X