No announcement yet.

Tevin Coleman to 49ers for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajayi’s ceiling is one of the top ten running backs in the league, which is what he was when Howie traded for him.

Comment

Chicago wants him gone for a reason...think he's starting to decline already.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        Odd

We LOATHE the RB position...

I trust Howie, but a change must be made.
        Tevin Coleman is being way overrated by this fanbase. He's really not that good.

Everyone is remembering the Tevin Coleman from the year the Falcons choked in the Super Bowl, but in reality he's been washed since.

Corey Clement is better. If healthy, Ajayi will be significantly better.

Comment

Ajayi is visiting the Colts.

Comment

None of the other guys on the roster picked up yards after contact like Ajayi did.

The measure for me is if Adams makes the team, they didn’t do enough.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              Same here, basically. I'll qualify it with, if Adams and Smallwood aren't fighting each other for their lives in training camp, Howie failed.

The top two running backs in this RBC better not be on this team right now.

Comment

Well looks like he's testing the water

visiting the Colts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lts-next-week/
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

None of the other guys on the roster picked up yards after contact like Ajayi did.

I THINK THEY'RE GOING TO HOOK THE SLED TO ADAMS THIS YEAR. HAVE HIM DO THE HEAVY WORK, GIVE ME MOST OF THE CARRIES. I'D GIVE THE KID A CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF, DRAUGHT A YOUNGIN.

SMALLWOOD HAD A GOOD SECOND HALF OF SEASON, BUT I DON'T THINK HE'S THEIR GUY.
                  Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 03-14-2019, 07:56 AM.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I don’t disagree on that last point, but Smallwood was twice the player Adams was. He’s one of those “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” players.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                      Not to speak for The Duck but Howard isn't much of a receiving RB, Duke Johnson is a pretty good one on the other hand.
                      Meh - neither was Ajayi when they acquired him. I like Howard, but the price has to be pretty low.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      Ajayi’s ceiling is one of the top ten running backs in the league, which is what he was when Howie traded for him.
                      Both of these - Ajayi has way more Yards after Contact than Coleman (who was actually very bad doing that). Ajayi isn't elite, but he's in the very good tier when healthy. If the price is right, you have to like him. Try to draft the Kamara to his Ingram.

My guess is maybe Ajayi has some sort of offer in hand and was told to do better elsewhere and bring it back. Although, the Colts have some familiarity with him, but I don't see where they have an ideal number of carries for him with Mack and Hines.

Comment

A healthy Corey Clement is as good as Tevin Coleman.

Comment

Does this make Matt Breida available? I'm going to go out on a limb and say Howie makes a run at him. He's gotta be the odd man out now.

Comment

That would be a good pickup IMO.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

McKinnon , Coleman and Mostert (the Special Teams/RB) makes him somewhat expendable, correct? I'm checking depth charts because I get this weird feeling Howie has something like this in mind. If he chooses the wrong guy in the draft, he needs to have a very solid Plan B. That player is not on this roster.

Comment

I thought they liked Breida but I don't understand adding Coleman if they plan to give him any meaningful role. Maybe they are using a committee too.

I like Crowell too. Would like to keep Ajayi if possible.
                                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                                X