Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to pick a fight

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    Kelly wants the best players and he'll work the system around them. He has been fairly consistent in saying that, but in his own words.

When Foles moves out of the pocket by design or not, he's been successful, IMO. Is he dynamic (errr is he a great runner), no. But he's been accurate and he makes great decisions to move out when the opportunity is there.

Foles has been up and down in your opinion, but when has he been down? Are you referring to 2014 since he ranked 23rd in competition percentage? IMO, he took a lot of chances in 2014 because that was required to get the W behind a decimated line. He was 5-2 when he was "down", BTW.

People may not like it, but Foles is the starting QB in 2015. It's up to Kelly to but a team in front of him like the team in 2013. That's not Foles' job. He's job is to throw something like 29 TDs and 2 INT's in front of a good and healthy line.
    but I seem to remember Foles outside the pocket as ugly. But I would need some stats to back up my feeling. I remember a couple of plays in both the Jags and foreskins games where Foles moved outside the pocket and either overthrew open receivers, didn't hit them in stride, or missed seeing them entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Why try to get better at qb when you can hope NO one gets injured. I like it.
      Why fix holes on the defense when you can trade away picks for a unknown at QB.

Comment

I don't recall anyone saying to do that. Read.

Comment

Well, how are you suggesting the Eagles improve at QB? Do you have another QB in mind? Jake Locker, Christian Ponder ,Matt Barkley, Mark Sanchez or perhaps Michael Vick?

Do you know how Steve Young improved as an NFL QB after a horrendous start to his career? He found a better cast around him.

Sometimes it's the cast, sometimes it's the player.

Have we seen Foles around a good cast? Around a bad cast? ... And what were the results besides "W's"?
          Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-08-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Hard to find those stats. In 2013, during a highly productive season, he threw 8% of his passes on scrabbles. The league average was 5.6%.

Comment

Through the draft or free agency. How they improve the position isn't the crux of this thread. Evaluating foles is. The eagles won games this year in spite of him. They had more non offensive points then anyone. By your logic Arizona should be naming stanton as their franchise guy. He "led" them to a 4-1 (3-1 as a starter) record. Foles is what he always was. He got in trouble at az making stupid throws off his back foot. He got away with it in 13. He didn't in '14. He's a stiff. Give him another year. Give him two. What's the difference? If the running game isn't lighting it up, he's not moving the ball. So yeah, try to make the rest of the team better and accept foles for what he is in this offense- LIMITED.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                Through the draft or free agency. How they improve the position isn't the crux of this thread. Evaluating foles is. The eagles won games this year in spite of him. They had more non offensive points then anyone. By your logic Arizona should be naming stanton as their franchise guy. He "led" them to a 4-1 (3-1 as a starter) record. Foles is what he always was. He got in trouble at az making stupid throws off his back foot. He got away with it in 13. He didn't in '14. He's a stiff. Give him another year. Give him two. What's the difference? If the running game isn't lighting it up, he's not moving the ball. So yeah, try to make the rest of the team better and accept foles for what he is in this offense- LIMITED.
                Or use your brain and realize we do not know what Foles is capable of as of yet. He has played phenomenal when he is on and abysmal when he is off. But he has had 28 games he has played in. If you compare that to Peyton Manning's first 28 games Foles comes out on top. If you compare it to Tom Brady's stats Foles comes out on top. Aaron Rodgers and they are fairly comparable.

I am not saying Foles is going to be as good as any of these guys but he has shown at this stage in his career he is as good as some of the best playing today were at this stage it their careers. All of which you would have been crying need upgraded.
                Last edited by harls; 02-09-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

You don't have a specific answer on how to improve the QB position? You're the one that brought it up.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                    Or use your brain...If you compare that to Peyton Manning's first 28 games Foles comes out on top. If you compare it to Tom Brady's stats Foles comes out on top. Aaron Rodgers and they are fairly comparable.

I am not saying Foles is going to be as good as any of these guys but he has shown at this stage in his career he is as good as some of the best playing today were at this stage.
                    Tom Bradys 17th start resulted in a Super Bowl victory and youre claiming Foles' results were superior? Wow. just wow.
                    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                      Tom Bradys 17th start resulted in a Super Bowl victory and youre claiming Foles' results were superior? Wow. just wow.
                      Statistically as a passer yes foles stats were better. If we are going by Super Bowls Trent dilfer is better then Marino.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                        Statistically as a passer yes foles stats were better. If we are going by Super Bowls Trent dilfer is better then Marino.
                        not so fast there. youre contradicting yourself big time. you cant say that 'we dont know what we have' and then state that he is better than brady was at this stage. cause 17 games into his career the pats knew what they had in brady: a guy who could win a super bowl.

foles is a guy who put up a nice string of stats for twelve games and now youre making crazy claims and poor metaphors invoking marino to dilfer comparisons.

i mean if you're gonna rattle off names like brady manning marino and rodgers at least have the balls to say you think foles is a future hall of famer. by playing both sides it seems like youre trying to convince yourself of something you really dont believe to be true. or at least severely hedging your bets.
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

BTW, my logic doesn't suggest that Drew Stanton should start because he lead Arizona to a 4-1 record as a starter.
                          Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-09-2015, 08:17 PM.

Comment

You don't have a specific answer on how to improve the QB position? You're the one that brought it up.
                            I do have an answer. I already said through the draft or free agency. Who? That's not up to me. I personally don't know who chip thinks this offense would work best with, I don't think it's foles. Good enough or do you want to go a little farther sideways from where the thread started?

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                              not so fast there. youre contradicting yourself big time. you cant say that 'we dont know what we have' and then state that he is better than brady was at this stage. cause 17 games into his career the pats knew what they had in brady: a guy who could win a super bowl.

foles is a guy who put up a nice string of stats for twelve games and now youre making crazy claims and poor metaphors invoking marino to dilfer comparisons.

i mean if you're gonna rattle off names like brady manning marino and rodgers at least have the balls to say you think foles is a future hall of famer. by playing both sides it seems like youre trying to convince yourself of something you really dont believe to be true. or at least severely hedging your bets.
                              No I am not saying he is a future hall of famer. Ian not saying he will even be good. What's am saying is there are some great QBs that started out around the same or worse than foles. I don't understand how so many people look at foles and think we need an upgrade when most QBs in the nfl need time to grow.

Brady's first super bowl he went 17 for 29 and 145 yards with1 td. You look at that and say Brady won that game. I say it was a team effort. The team effort is why dilfer has a ring and Marino don't.

Comment

BTW, my logic doesn't suggest that Drew Stanton should start because he lead Arizona to a 4-1 record as a starter.
                                Have we seen Foles around a good cast? Around a bad cast? ... And what were the results besides "W's"?

Logic? I'd rather discuss this with you than read an iowa draft thread but this is getting old
                                Last edited by Greenstealth; 02-09-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X