Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Robinson back?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...lphia-nfl-slot

Sounds like Darby or Mills is definitely gone to me...

I think people overestimate Mills' trade value. He proved me wrong with his development last season but NFL GMs value draft pedigree and he doesn't have it.

Darby does and he's on the last year of his rookie deal. Probably won't be able to afford him next year. Makes sense...

Comment

Would we even get a 3rd for him? We traded Matthews and a 3 to get him

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        Would we even get a 3rd for him? We traded Matthews and a 3 to get him
        why wouldn't we get a 3rd? Starting cornerback, very very good cornerback and we gave up a #2 receiver and 3rd how can we not get at least a 3rd for him?

Comment

Other teams don't care what we gave for him...hopefully he played well enough to get something decent in return.

Comment

they must really believe in Sidney Jones and his recovery bc Mills is just ok get burnt a lot and Rasul played well but didn't play for half a season so is still fairly unknown. You don't make trade for a 3rd round pick for a starting cornerback for a player in the draft with a 50% chance to make it in the NFL

Comment

Do you think Darby played well? He looked really, really bad at times. Not saying that won't get fixed. But the team is strapped for cash, and he is going to want a big contract next year.....

Comment

Do you think Darby played well? He looked really, really bad at times. Not saying that won't get fixed. But the team is strapped for cash, and he is going to want a big contract next year.....
                I agree I was actually saying the team looked better in the secondary without him but you will get more value for him than anyone else.. Mills looked just as bad at times and didn't have the picks to go along with the bad play.. point is do we really have that great of a secondary? I am skeptical and i don't have an issue getting rid of him but will a 3rd rounder help us out more this year than Darby if Jones doesn't pan out in the secondary?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                  I agree I was actually saying the team looked better in the secondary without him but you will get more value for him than anyone else.. Mills looked just as bad at times and didn't have the picks to go along with the bad play.. point is do we really have that great of a secondary? I am skeptical and i don't have an issue getting rid of him but will a 3rd rounder help us out more this year than Darby if Jones doesn't pan out in the secondary?
                  Resigning Robinson is puzzling, especially after acquiring Worley in the Torey Smith trade.

Comment

Resigning Robinson is puzzling, especially after acquiring Worley in the Torey Smith trade.
                    yup that is the weird one! He will not have another year like last year

Comment

not really sure what they're doing. paying for a 30-year old CB usually isn't a good idea. i don't know if they're looking to move darby or would even be able to. i thought he was pretty good outside of the super bowl last year, so i'd rather see him stick around. in a trade they'd probably get less than they gave up, and getting rid of a rookie contract doesn't help them much with the cap.

i don't think they're relying on worley at all. might not even make the team, but it's still a headscratcher why they would stockpile CBs like this.

Comment

Put me down as one who doesn't like this move if it happens. I prefer everyone walks and see what we get in compensatory picks in 2019. These players should be easily replaceable. I hate seeing anyone pay a one-year wonder guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          Put me down as one who doesn't like this move if it happens. I prefer everyone walks and see what we get in compensatory picks in 2019. These players should be easily replaceable. I hate seeing anyone pay a one-year wonder guy.
                          There still seems to be some speculation here...no strong sources as of now. We’ll see.

Also, if Robinson takes a discounted rate, I’d be good with it. He was probably their best overall CB last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                            Wow, that didn't take long!

What happened to "in Howie we trust"?

Comment

I thought bringing back Robinson made the most sense of all of their free agents. We don’t have a slot guy, he’s not going to cost that much money, and they’re probably ly getting a hometown discount. Good fit, I’m glad he’s coming back.

Comment

Working...
                              X