No announcement yet.

Patrick Robinson back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idk, desperate teams have a habit of throwing money at CBs. seems like they also had a succession plan in place with jones and darby starting, and mills moving to the slot. i just assumed they'd say thanks for a great year, and let robinson make his money elsewhere. maybe teams are recognizing that it's not wise to throw money at a 30-year old slot CB.

Comment

I don’t get the Darby hate. He is undisputedly the most physically gifted of the corners, he closed on the ball, and he played well in Buffalo. Maybe it was the scheme or the coverage he was being asked to play.

Comment

aside from the super bowl, yes.

Comment

I'd prefer Darby over Mills. Darby strikes me as a more complete player. I appreciate everything Mills did last season and the improvement he showed, but I feel like he commits a penalty on almost every pass defended (called or uncalled). He makes me uneasy.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's very hard to tell what they have after dislocating his ankle. I'd like to see him stick around this year and see how he performs on a contract year.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              idk, desperate teams have a habit of throwing money at CBs. seems like they also had a succession plan in place with jones and darby starting, and mills moving to the slot. i just assumed they'd say thanks for a great year, and let robinson make his money elsewhere. maybe teams are recognizing that it's not wise to throw money at a 30-year old slot CB.
              I think Mills’ lack of long speed gets exposed playing inside full time. I like him better outside, where he can be physical and use the sidelines. I like the idea of having Robinson back at the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...lphia-nfl-slot

Sounds like Darby or Mills is definitely gone to me...
                Not sure why they would sign Robinson, 30 years old, over achieved and you have 4 younger cheaper guys that are every bit as good as Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                X