Sixers Just Cannot Beat Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    They could keep Butler and trade Simmons for a boatload.
    I bet he has his eyes on LA anyway after his rookie contract. To think he could have gotten us Kawahi ...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Is it really a surprise that the Sixers "cannot beat" the best team in basketball right now?
      No not at all. However, when you're MVP candidate is taken out of the game offensively, and forgets to play defense, and it feels like your coach is out-coached, yet again

Comment

You have a point but is it now unacceptable that the Sixers are not the best team in the East right now after Lebron leaving? They tanked for 5 years whiffed bad on Okafor and possibly Fultz and made Boston stronger while not catching up to Toronto. On top of it Simmons refuses to shoot the ball and he may be more of a headcase than Fultz.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        Is it really a surprise that the Sixers "cannot beat" the best team in basketball right now?

Comment

I'm stealing "nitwittery." NICE!
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

He sucks? Good grief. I think the concern over his jump shot is overblown. He does so much else so well that it really doesn't matter. Sure, a jump shot would complete his game, but he's still an elite level talent even without it.

I had concerns about whether or not he was working on his game over the summer, but he obviously did. Look at his free throw shooting. Last year he was being fouled on purpose. He worked on it and it has improved. People said he would be a defensive liability coming into the league and that he lacked effort on that end. He has turned himself into a legit defender. So, to the extent there is any evidence as to whether he is willing to improve his game, it points to the fact that he is. I don't think the fact that he didn't develop a comfortable jumper over one off-season is indicative of anything.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
              Simmons sucks. He's always going to shrink against better competition until he can learn how to shoot the ball. How many 10ft shots can you pass up?
              Jesus, were you sitting next to me in Section 110 last Friday?

Some WIP-type get on yammering about how "Simmons isn't a star" and "he doesn't deserve a max deal."

Yes he is and yes he does.

He is a generational talent. Without him the offense stalls.

Comment

Yeah. He sucks.

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                He sucks? Good grief. I think the concern over his jump shot is overblown. He does so much else so well that it really doesn't matter. Sure, a jump shot would complete his game, but he's still an elite level talent even without it.

I had concerns about whether or not he was working on his game over the summer, but he obviously did. Look at his free throw shooting. Last year he was being fouled on purpose. He worked on it and it has improved. People said he would be a defensive liability coming into the league and that he lacked effort on that end. He has turned himself into a legit defender. So, to the extent there is any evidence as to whether he is willing to improve his game, it points to the fact that he is. I don't think the fact that he didn't develop a comfortable jumper over one off-season is indicative of anything.
                Did you just point to his free throw shooting as a positive? We should all be proud that the pg shoots 60 percent from the line. Brown has him inbound the ball so people can't foul him. He shot 56 percent last year and he's 60 this year. I'm sorry I'm not putting a premium on a number one overall pick who might get better at defense and turns the ball over way too much because he can't finish or shoot. It's GLARING against better teams.
                Last edited by Greenstealth; 12-06-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Lol...this thread is going to age really well.

::saves to favorites for future reference::

Comment

We're watching two totally different players. I see a second year player who is 6'10" with the handle, vision and passing ability of a 6'5" point guard, who gets to the rim at will and who is a very good defender. I can live with him not being a totally complete player at this point considering how many different things he excels at.

But yeah, he isn't as good Kevin Durant 1/3 of the way through his second NBA season. Perhaps we should trade him.

Comment

hahahahaha Simmons sucks. This guy.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                        hahahahaha Simmons sucks. This guy.
                        Yes, it is the worst hot take in the history of this board and it's not particularly close.

Comment

No

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          We're watching two totally different players. I see a second year player who is 6'10" with the handle, vision and passing ability of a 6'5" point guard, who gets to the rim at will and who is a very good defender. I can live with him not being a totally complete player at this point considering how many different things he excels at.

But yeah, he isn't as good Kevin Durant 1/3 of the way through his second NBA season. Perhaps we should trade him.
                          You just described an NBA point guard except he cant shoot.

Gets to the rim at will? With 11 turnovers?
                          Last edited by Greenstealth; 12-06-2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

3/24 on shots outside of 10 feet this year. From your point guard. But he's really tall and stuff.. Awesome

Comment

Considering that Toronto is the best team in basketball until Golden State figures it out (which they inevitably will), I do think it is acceptable.

Another second round loss would be unacceptable, but this season isn't finals or bust.

Comment

I started writing a long post, but there's no point. You're either trolling or this is one of the greatest examples of losing the forest for the trees (in this case "tree," singular) I have ever seen on this bored. I respect your opinion, but I couldn't possibly disagree more.

Comment

Working...
                                X