X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blount visiting Detroit?

That I do not like.
    Charismatic megafauna.

detroit has had a few over-the-hill RBs visit lately. they're desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
      That I do not like.
      Detroit is no threat to anyone, they start out like a house on fire and then fizzle every year.

Comment

Remember we signed Blount late in FA

he will hang around and take the best offer @ this point.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

The guy rushed for 700 plus yards while sharing extensive time with Ajayi & Clement. Scored in both playoff games and super bowl. He still runs well for a rb in his 30's. I fuckin
          hope Howie finds a way to bring him back. He breaks tackles and I believe puts fear in the hearts of a lot of LB's and Db's
          I'm all about that Philly Blount blazin up the production when his numbers called upon, on the way to another Lombardi trophy!!

Comment

FUGGIN A.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

1 yr 4.5M?? REALLY?? That’s desperation. I appreciate all that he did for the Birds, and he was very good the first 8 games, tailed off the last 8 then was very good in the playoffs when they played more of a rotation. I could see the Eagles offering him half of that maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                1 yr 4.5M?? REALLY?? That’s desperation. I appreciate all that he did for the Birds, and he was very good the first 8 games, tailed off the last 8 then was very good in the playoffs when they played more of a rotation. I could see the Eagles offering him half of that maybe.
                Oh well. I’ll forever be grateful, but 4.5 mil is too much. I’m excited t see what the J-train can do with extra carries.

Comment

wow. i love blount, but he mostly gets what the OL gives him. easy decision to let someone else pay him that money. detroit is desperate. i doubt this will work out very well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    wow. i love blount, but he mostly gets what the OL gives him. easy decision to let someone else pay him that money. detroit is desperate. i doubt this will work out very well for them.
                    I LOVED the playoff Blount. But man, towards the end of the year, just seemed like he couldn't hit holes. Am excited to see what the J Train can do with more carries. Plus, I am sure they will get someone else, because those dirtbag Pumphries and Smallwoodrows suck balls

Comment

yep. hit the hole with no authority basically from the chicago game until the super bowl. but he scored when it mattered against atlanta and minnesota.

really blount limited what they could do in the red zone. the whole short yardage back thing was a myth. they just signed him after they struck out in the draft. they got a lot better when they added ajayi, and i think he and clement will be a nice duo.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                        I LOVED the playoff Blount. But man, towards the end of the year, just seemed like he couldn't hit holes. Am excited to see what the J Train can do with more carries. Plus, I am sure they will get someone else, because those dirtbag Pumphries and Smallwoodrows suck balls
                        Smallwood won't survive another camp.

Pumphrey will. He pulled a hammy in camp, he's not as bad as he looked. The team still loves the kid and thinks he can be a legit RB4/PR.

I think they're drafting another RB at 32, or trading down for one (Ronald Jones or Sony Michel, please).
                        Last edited by The Duck; 03-17-2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

i wouldn't be mad if they went RB in round 1, but last year they filled the position with an UDFA, a 30-year old post-draft signing, and then later a 4th round pick to make up for the fact that they struck out in the draft.

i'm intrigued by ronald jones it they really think he's the guy, but there's definitely no reason to reach on an RB, especially when they don't pick again until the 4th round.

edit: just so we don't keep responding to each other in separate threads - i agree the recent departures are painful due to emotional attachment, despite being the right moves.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 03-17-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            i wouldn't be mad if they went RB in round 1, but last year they filled the position with an UDFA, a 30-year old post-draft signing, and then later a 4th round pick to make up for the fact that they struck out in the draft.

i'm intrigued by ronald jones it they really think he's the guy, but there's definitely no reason to reach on an RB, especially when they don't pick again until the 4th round.
                            I don't think Howie believes in RBs in the first, as a matter of philosophy. I think Snakebitten said it the other day, we don't give first ground grades to anyone but QB, DL, and OL and I generally like that philosophy. But #32 is essentially a second round pick, and when you're going for a repeat, a RB in that area of the draft -- if one that you like is there -- has a much better chance of making an immediate impact than the OL and DL guys who will be available. Plus, Ajayi is up next year, so there's that. If there's a year you're going to go against your NO RB with the first pick policy, this could be it.

Comment

Working...
                            X