I’m pulling for Nick Foles to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m pulling for Nick Foles to be back

I understand it could help the franchise restocking draft picks, but.

1) Carson is probably not going to be 100 percent
    2) We are in “win now” mode. As in REPEAT.
    3) He’s the only the Eagles QB to actually get the job done.

I’m pulling for you to be on the other side of the wall
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

I get that. I just think they can win now, even if it means starting the season with Sudfeld for up to a month. What Foles gives you in insurance doesn't match the ability to possibly draft an additional two replacement level starters that you're absolutely going to need in 2019.

Having those additional picks also would allow you to draft for impact this year, and take a RB and TE higher than you otherwise might.

Also, I don't know how long we're going to have Joe Douglas in the building. I want as many picks as we can get while he's there.

Comment

4) I'm not sure Foles gets you as much as #1-3 would merit for the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          4) I'm not sure Foles gets you as much as #1-3 would merit for the Eagles.
          If you’re an opposing GM, does Foles have enough of a body of work to trade the picks that we as Eagles fans would like to see in return?? SUPE MVP or not, I need a full season of that level of play before I make a deal.

Comment

MY GUT FEELING IS HE STAYS NEXT YEAR, THEN HOWIE SAYS, GO TRY FREE AGENCY, WE'LL SEE ABOUT MATCHING ANY OFFER IF REASONABLE.

UNLESS A MID ROUND ONE IS OFFERED, WHICH IS UNLIKELY, BUT GOT ONE AND FOUR FOR SLEEVES.

WHO KNOWS.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              MY GUT FEELING IS HE STAYS NEXT YEAR, THEN HOWIE SAYS, GO TRY FREE AGENCY, WE'LL SEE ABOUT MATCHING ANY OFFER IF REASONABLE.

UNLESS A MID ROUND ONE IS OFFERED, WHICH IS UNLIKELY, BUT GOT ONE AND FOUR FOR SLEEVES.

WHO KNOWS.
              We pounced on the Vikings desperation, will a chance like that come again?? I’m still trying to wrap my melon around the fact that the Cruds signed him for 20 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
                If you’re an opposing GM, does Foles have enough of a body of work to trade the picks that we as Eagles fans would like to see in return?? SUPE MVP or not, I need a full season of that level of play before I make a deal.
                Jimmy G fetched a high second. Foles' body of work is significantly more impressive.

Comment

Can’t argue that at all

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  Jimmy G fetched a high second. Foles' body of work is significantly more impressive.
                  The problem lies in the fact that deals like that are far more the exception than the rule, both teams were desperate, Niners trying to dig out from years of shit, Pats trying to quiet TB12’s tantrums.

Comment

We certainly don’t want this to be like 07 when they rushed McNabb back from his 06 torn ACL. Had they re-signed Garcia for that year they might have been better than 8-8.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
                      The problem lies in the fact that deals like that are far more the exception than the rule, both teams were desperate, Niners trying to dig out from years of shit, Pats trying to quiet TB12’s tantrums.
                      There are other precedents. The Kolb deal, the Feeley deal, the broken down McNabb deal... Seattle once gave San Diego a high 3rd and the 40th overall pick for Charlie Whitehurst (!) and the 60th pick. The value of QBs is always hard to figure, and it's almost always more than what any of us think it should be (remember our reaction to the Bradford trade... I laughed hysterically for a good twenty minutes).

I'm here talking about wanting two 2's for Foles. There's a good chance that Howie wouldn't even consider pulling the trigger on that deal. For all we know, AZ offered something like like when they called, before turning to Sleeves.

The QB market is nuts. Always has been.

Comment

wow

really Wow
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

i hope foles gets more than a high second, but jimmy g is younger and has more of the pedigree that teams look for than foles. and judging from how much better the 49ers were with jimmy g under center, it looks like they were right to value him as much as they did. i'd love to see a desperate team trade for foles, but he's not the kind of guy who can turn a franchise around. i think teams know that, and don't they don't want to get saddled with a joe flacco-type contract.

the QB market is also unusual this year. pretty much every team either has their guy, or is in position to draft that guy. the browns, jets, and bills are probably going to spend high picks on a QB. that leaves um...miami as a destination for foles?

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            I get that. I just think they can win now, even if it means starting the season with Sudfeld for up to a month. What Foles gives you in insurance doesn't match the ability to possibly draft an additional two replacement level starters that you're absolutely going to need in 2019.

Having those additional picks also would allow you to draft for impact this year, and take a RB and TE higher than you otherwise might.

Also, I don't know how long we're going to have Joe Douglas in the building. I want as many picks as we can get while he's there.
                            Do you think we will see the same Wentz this year, though?

Comment

Do you think we will see the same Wentz this year, though?
                              I honestly don't know. I'm sure his mobility will be limited for a big chunk of the season, but I can see him growing as a passer because of that. The kid's a freak, so I'm not betting against him.

Regardless, once he's cleared to play, he's playing. Any hopes of repeating are squarely on his shoulders. The only way Foles becomes a major factor late in the season is if Carson hurts himself again... in which case, it'll be time to have a very serious conversation about extending Nick.

Looking at it from that angle, I can totally see the wisdom in keeping him around. I just don't like to think about it.
                              Last edited by The Duck; 03-18-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X