Question for older (and any) Eagles fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for older (and any) Eagles fans

I was single digits old when this came out. And the Eagles sucked.

--------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I was a senior in high school getting ready to go active duty in the Air Force in June of that year.

The Flyers won their second Stanley Cup.
    The Sixers were becoming relevant again behind Lloyd Free, Doug Collins and George McGinnis.
    The Phillies would go on to finish in second place behind the Pirates with a pitching staff of Carlton, Lonborg, Christianson, Tommy Underwood and Wayne Twitchell. They had a bullpen of Joe Hoerner, Tugger and Ron Schueler plus Gene Garber.

The Eagles would be in the last throes of the Mike McCormack area. I remember watching them play the Skins when I was in the hospital after basic. That game was known for a tantrum thrown by Roman Gabriel when they came in the locker room down 10-9 at the half with Gabriel saying, "We're not a bunch of losers!!!" (They'd lost their first 2 games to open the season). They shut the Skins out in the 2nd half to win 26-10. Unfortunately, that year was also known for the Monday night game where the Eagles got pounded by the Rams 42-3 and the cameras showed these guys parading around the Vet crowds with a giant replica of a dog bone.

Comment

My Brother is older then me, so he would be vinyl every week. I remember when Frampton Comes Alive came out. So Thats when I started listening to him.

Comment

well I was 16 when Frampton Comes Alive came out and it was the blast of the summer party/crusin scene. I think it was McCormacks last year or next to last and they were god awful.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Frampton Comes Unglued, guess where??

Minnesota!! Skol.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/p...rt-1202506872/

Comment

Great riff.

I hope you feel like I do. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

C'mon!
            Let's do it again!
            --------

Comment

I was in high school, working a shitty summer job in a local flower growing business. I remember tending to carnations, sweating my balls off in the greenhouse, as various songs from that album cycled through the pop radio station. It cemented a love-hate relationship with any of that live stuff.

Comment

This and Cheap Trick’s “I Want You to Want Me” are the only songs I can think of where the live version is the only version anyone knows. I’ve never heard either studio versions on terrestrial commercial radio a single time in my entire life. Always found that interesting.
                Last edited by The Duck; 04-08-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Never bought the album

I was starting to listen to Iggy Pop and some growing genre called punk rock.
                  Second year in the army and was hanging out with the pot smoking crowd versus the acid heads and mainlining crowd in the barracks. Went on my first ever shroom hunt that autumn. The cows looked at us like, why are you digging around in my poop?
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I know my Wife made it to that show at JFK, same for Spine

was Frampton comes alive opening for Yes !!!!!

that was the 1st year I played Pop warner football 76 right?
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

The Bicentennial Concert. Yes, Frampton, Gary Wright. 130,000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
                        My Brother is older then me, so he would be vinyl every week. I remember when Frampton Comes Alive came out. So Thats when I started listening to him.
                        I recommend you put it on the Radio ZB playlist.
                        --------

Comment

I can’t see your link or image. I’m assuming it’s Peter Frampton from what others are posting.

I was single digits old as well (I believe you and I are the same age) when Frampton’s album came out. My first recollection as a fan is when the Eagles wore white helmets... Roman Gabriel, Harold Carmichael ( my first favorite player), Harold Jackson, Charlie Young etc.

I love the white helmets and would love to see that again!

Last edited by Drama Queen; 04-08-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Tush by ZZ Top is another
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

'75 was when I found Budgie, and most of '16 was nothing but Bandolier over and over and over!
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X