Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important 700 level question to those that know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important 700 level question to those that know?

When were the fights better? The 70s or the 90s?

Dreadful teams in 70s caused anger
    90s had flare guns and Vet was a total shithole

We deserve to know!
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

I'd like to see what the bored consensus is. I think of the 700 level and I think of the image of those two dudes in the crowd during the NFCCG in Jan 81, shirtless with a single digit wind chill, one of whom was holding up a bottle of Wild Turkey. The Vet atmosphere was beyond comparison. I'd think the 70s 700 level was more rowdy, but I'll let the actual 700 level crowd chime in.
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

I CAN ONLY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE 80'S. 70'S WAS ONLY THERE THREE TIMES.
      LET'S JUST SAY IT WAS WING BOWL TIMES FIVE, AS THE FUN FACTOR. BOOBS AND BIG OL TWISTED UP BONES WAS THE NORM.

FIGHTS WERE OUTRAGEOUS IN EARLY, MID 80'S SINCE YA COULD TAKE GALLONS OF LIQUOR IN AND MAKE BEER HOAGIES. THEY TIGHTENED IT UP LIL BIT IT IN 90'S.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

first game i ever took my girlfiend at the time/now wife to was in the Vet in the 700 level. Mid 90's. The infamous Martay Jenkins game.

had Susq's 4 seats for it. Probably saw a good 10 fights and all were 'eagle on eagle' crime.

From that day on my wife understood my eagle sickness errrr passion.

Comment

I miss those seats. Decent view (if maybe a bit high) and always interesting action in the stands.

Getting you there put me and my son down with slag, which he will say cost us the game.

Comment

Same here,,,think the 70's crowd was mello er compared to the 80's

about from the strike year thru the buddy days was Nuts,,,waay more fights back then by far ,,, Once you got to the AR area winning quells a lot..

I miss the concrete monster!
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I only got to experience the mid-late 90's but my favorite fight was actually a Phillies game; home opener in 1999 (I think). I was in 8th grade. A group of St Joes Prep and Bonner kids started an all out brawl; I'm talking 30-40 dudes throwing haymakers, jumping from rows above on each other, girls getting involved, etc. It went on for so long that John Smoltz kept stopping to watch after every pitch for an entire inning. I can't believe there isn't footage of this somewhere.

If only youtube was around in the 80s/90s.

Comment

Were you at the 49ers MNF game in 97? I'd love to hear about that infamous night.

Comment

I was there

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                  Were you at the 49ers MNF game in 97? I'd love to hear about that infamous night.
                  2 other memories besides the flare gun. 1. Saw a chick - sitting in a box - get hit in the head with a full beer can thrown from a guy sitting under her. 2. 2 people got stabbed outside after the game. If I'm not mistaken, the jail cell appeared for the next home game. Fun is fun, but that shit was INSANE.
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                    2 other memories besides the flare gun. 1. Saw a chick - sitting in a box - get hit in the head with a full beer can thrown from a guy sitting under her. 2. 2 people got stabbed outside after the game. If I'm not mistaken, the jail cell appeared for the next home game. Fun is fun, but that shit was INSANE.
                    And yeah, you're right, that game created the court/jail cell.

Comment

hehehe

I started in the 700 level endzone and moved down to the lower endzone right around when Rhodes became coach

There were a shit ton of fights during the Randell years up there
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It was an infamous area, but I loved it. There was a roving undercover cop (we all knew him as "Sinbad") who would show up on occasion and try to lure people into confrontations.

Comment

726 ROW 3. MOST FUN I EVER HAD AT ANY SPORTING EVENT. WE GOT ALONG WITH SECURITY, HE KNEW WE MADE BEER HOAGIES. WHEN WE DROPPED THEM HE SHOOK HIS HEAD GAVE EM BACK. 700 LEVEL.... BEST EVER.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Pretty sure Loki witnessed this with me: a drunken biker dude hit a cop with a full can of beer. We were about 8 rows above the tunnel, cop was in the tunnel and the guy bonked him. Guy got away with it. Not sure if the cop or the biker scared us more and no one was about to point the dude out.
                            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

We saw a girl give a guy a blow job in the 700 level during an IGGLEPHANS Phillies gayte. Pretty sure there’s a picture of that somewhere in the bored archives.

Comment

Working...
                              X