How are the Phillies this good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the Phillies this good?

Offense sucks, starting pitching has been inconsistent. They are pretty bad in the field. Manager makes a lot of crazy ass calls.

The bullpen, which has been crapped on a lot this year actually doesn't look that bad.

Rest of NL shitty?

It's actually really quite simple. The starting pitching overall has been very good. Every NL team that's in contention right now has very good starting pitching. It's very difficult to expect them to do it all year so we must hope this lineup finds Jesus and starts to hit.

I know everyone likes those big names in free agency but I really hope they also find one more dominant starter. I think that's a bigger need than overpaying a player who will most likely struggle to live up to a ridiculous contract. JMO

Comment

NL isn't very good

Offense isn't quite as bad as everyone makes it seem

Nola has been a total stud and the other starters have had nice streaks.

Gabe has actually done pretty well, IMHO although Defense has been brutal. They don't have an every day SS yet, Odubel belongs in left (with his lady-arm) and Hoskins belongs at first. However, Santana gives them a ton of quality ABs and has actually had an ok offensive season even with a low avg.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        Offense sucks, starting pitching has been inconsistent. They are pretty bad in the field. Manager makes a lot of crazy ass calls.

The bullpen, which has been crapped on a lot this year actually doesn't look that bad.

Rest of NL shitty?
        They don’t even have a hitter with an above .280 average, I don’t have a clue but hell just enjoy whatever this is they got going.

Comment

It’s like the Eagles—didn’t have a 1000 yard rusher or receiver. But together their stats added up to a title. Pederson, a recent former player knew what buttons to push in the locker room. The Phils have Nola, Eflin, Arrieta who are putting together solid years. It looks like Velasquez is starting to come around. In the BP, they have a couple of standout arms, but it’s been a group effort. Offensively, they force pitchers to throw a ton of pitches to get on base. And I wasnt a Kapler fan to begin with, but a recent former player like Pederson, is building his culture in their clubhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
            They don’t even have a hitter with an above .280 average, I don’t have a clue but hell just enjoy whatever this is they got going.
            and 2 guys in the top 20 in OBP and 3 in the top 40 of the NL

Comment

Working...
            X