Pretty lame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP

between Maclin getting cold feet on Chip Kelly, and Howie trading Matthews, I'm wondering what FF castoffs you're talking about.

Comment

this is all accurate. if the guy were as incapable of catching passes as everyone is implying, he wouldn't have averaged 75-900-6 in his first three seasons.

once jeffery comes back, it will be the first time that matthews has played with a good group of receivers. i'm not really sure if he's at his best when he's not the primary target, because he was always the primary target on the eagles, and in a passing league that leads to volume numbers. but he was the best option available both for this week and for when jeffery comes back.

agholor is also a lot better than he was when matthews was last on the eagles. they can move both guys around and play to their strengths. neither has to be used strictly on the outside or in the slot.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 09-20-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Matthews has never played outside. They needed a guy to stretch the field to replace Wallace. If Matthews didn't suck he wouldn't have been looking for a job

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          If he's healthy he's not a bad player ... particularly if he's not the primary target.
          I guess thats fair but we all know the reception numbers exaggerate his value. Nobody can say the Eagles missed Jordan Matthews. He was not an impact player.

He's been texting Wentz trying to catch on with the Eagles since the Pats cut him. If he wasnt one of Wentz best friends and only getting 800K, unlikely he'd be back.

Maybe the best of the short term options but ideally Jeffery should be the #1, Agholor should be in the slot and the third WR should be an outside guy who can stretch the field. Matthews is not a good fit once AJ is back. I don't like him pushing Ags out of the slot and am slightly concerned that Wentz will subconsciously favor him at the expense of better players. Matthews should be a fourth or fifth read never a primary target.

I can see the argument but I wouldn't have brought him back with AJ so close to returning. Feels like a pity fkkk of an ex-gf. They rarely work out well.
          Last edited by Maniac; 09-20-2018, 07:23 AM.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
            Matthews has never played outside. They needed a guy to stretch the field to replace Wallace. If Matthews didn't suck he wouldn't have been looking for a job
            THERE ARE NO JERRY RICE'S OUT THERE THIS TIME OF YEAR. HE'S A DECENT STOP GAP FOR THE POSITION, ALSO HE AND WENTZ HAVE A GOOD REPPORT. HE HAD 60 TO 80 CATCHES A YEAR ON HIS LAST TIME HERE.

I'M GOOD WITH IT.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              At least Wentz and Matthews had a strong connection when he was here before.
              Is that a good thing?

I'd rather see them get Goehdert more involved.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                ALSO HE AND WENTZ HAVE A GOOD REPPORT. HE HAD 60 TO 80 CATCHES A YEAR ON HIS LAST TIME HERE.
                There it is again. He was Wentz best buddy!

If you get 100 targets, you'll get 60-80 teceptions. You really want Matthews as a target?

Comment

I ALSO SAID HE IS A STOP GAP FOR THE THE SITUATION THEY ARE IN.

OK, WHO ELSE WOULD YOU HAVE BROUGHT IN INSTEAD?

CHAD JOHNSON SAID HE WOULD PLAY FOR WIFI....

I'M OK WITH JMATT.

Comment

I don't get all the hate ... you're actually twisting into a pretzel to suggest that Wentz would sacrifice plays to get Matthews the ball when the read is a better option to another target?

Matthews isn't Desean Jackson but he sure as shit isn't Kamar Aiken or Joe Who the Fuck either.

Frankly, I think Agholor has the size and speed to run outside and am curious to see how he does out there.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                      OK, WHO ELSE WOULD YOU HAVE BROUGHT IN INSTEAD?
                      Nobody. More Goedert. Limped by with Aiken.

Jeffery is back in a week and then you have a third WR who doesn't really fit.

Comment

I FEEL AS THOUGH PHILLY GOEDERT NEEDS TO STAY IN AND PROTECT WENTZ. AIKEN IS OK I GUESS, BUT JMATT FITS A NEED AT THIS MOMENT.

WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Comment

I don't get all the hate ... you're actually twisting into a pretzel to suggest that Wentz would sacrifice plays to get Matthews the ball when the read is a better option to another target?

Matthews isn't Desean Jackson but he sure as shit isn't Kamar Aiken or Joe Who the Fuck either.

Frankly, I think Agholor has the size and speed to run outside and am curious to see how he does out there.
                          It's a thread on Matthews and I'm giving my comment like everybody else. I didn't start it.

I don't understand all the love. JM is much closer to Joe Who the Fuck than he is to D-Jax. You know his stats are bloated beyond his actual value. Ask the Pats and the Bills.

Agholor can play outside but he is way more effective in the slot. They played him outside against Falcons and used Carter in the slot. That was his "ten catches for twenty yards" game. Get an outside receiver if you have to. Might as well say the Eagles are twisting into pretzels to fit him in.

I don't expect Wentz to sacrifice plays but there sure is a lot out of noise about his "connection" with JM. Including from Matthews and Wentz.

Actually I think the 850K salary has as much to do with the signing as the connection to Wentz.
                          Last edited by Maniac; 09-20-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Love?

My preference would be Gordon sober.

The Eagles didn't want to pay Matthews what his inflated stats dictated and that figured into the trade but do you think Gomer and Howlo are stupider than the Pats and Bills?

You think they couldn't come up with something better than a 5 and a 7 back if Gordon doesn't play 10 games?

This ain't Madden.

My biggest issue with Matthews is health ... but if his hamstring is good the intangibles are there more than anyone else available and he's significantly better than the shit they're running now.

And, inflated by being the primary notwithstanding, a lousy player doesn't put up the numbers Matthews did.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I agree with this, plus I just read a stat going to find it dont know how to attach it here but says Ags played over 80% of this snaps outside the slot.. sounded weird to me unless they are including his entire career cause last year he sure as shit looked like he played all of the inside. I dont hate the signing and if people mention Dez, a) there is a reason he is unsigned b) see Roacho Murray fuck a cowboy

Comment

Love?

My preference would be Gordon sober.

The Eagles didn't want to pay Matthews what his inflated stats dictated and that figured into the trade but do you think Gomer and Howlo are stupider than the Pats and Bills?

You think they couldn't come up with something better than a 5 and a 7 back if Gordon doesn't play 10 games?

This ain't Madden.

My biggest issue with Matthews is health ... but if his hamstring is good the intangibles are there more than anyone else available and he's significantly better than the shit they're running now.

And, inflated by being the primary notwithstanding, a lousy player doesn't put up the numbers Matthews did.
                                You "love" him as much as I "hate" him. Simply don't care for the signing like you do. Obviously the Eagles were right in not paying him before. I didn't use the word lousy. He's average but nothing special and not a good fit. The rest of your post about Gordon and Madden I didn't follow. I didn't want Gordon and I don't play Madden.

I wouldn't have signed anybody until seeing them with Wentz and Jeffery again. Gibson or Hollins or even Aiken might be fine then. I would definitely not push Agholor out of the slot where he can be a monster.
                                Last edited by Maniac; 09-20-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X