Seattle Stadium vs. Philadelphia's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Stadium vs. Philadelphia's.

1. Lots of Eagles Fans there. Seattle has people mostly from someplace else, and Philadelphia has people most from around there.
    It looked like almost half the people in downtown Hotels were Eagle fans, reflected in the amounts walking down to the game.
    2. Seattle is louder. It appears that the seats are steeper and closer to the field, with the roofs built to reflect noise. The loudspeakers are much louder and lots of times almost to the play initiation. The fans stand much more (on defensive noise making) and make more sustained noise.
    3. Overall, I think they put on an overall better "show" in Seattle.
    4. There's lots a bars around the stadium - it's right next to downtown. Lots of the Hotel people walk to the game.
    5. I went by three "Evangelical preaching" booths microphones. Yes, Drunkards will not get into heaven one told us all. I don't ever recall this at an Eagles game. And if God didn't like beer, why did he make it so easy to make and enjoy?
    6 Bud Light costs $9.50, and a "imported beer" costs 10.50.

Seattle has the most big construction cranes of any City in B. America. We saw 25-30. It's mostly east of the Space Needle - Where Amazon is. Building Apts. everywhere too, highrises. I have never seen so much construction. Parking is a major problem.

I was there a couple weeks ago when they had the Falcons in town, I was able to watch the Eagles game at a bar that was packed wall to wall with Eagles fans who were telling me its always green when the birds are in town.

Definitely a different game day experience, didnt see much tailgating most people were at the bars before the game. Reminded me alot of Charlotte.

I too was treated to the Evangelical preaching, some guys were following them with signs that said "Jesus is weed".

That was my first time there, I was only there for a few days but it was definitely a "hip" city. Weather was trash, I couldnt handle it 8 months out of the year. I enjoyed the selection of dark beers on draft at the breweries, something I rarely get here in Boulder which feels like the IPA capital of the world.

Comment

I think that's one of the flaws with the sports complex in Philly. No places to hang out immediately outside the stadiums (except for that weird Comcast bar that doesn't count). It makes for better tailgating, though.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
      X