Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right...we agree

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    I'm not mad at trading him, I just don't see this is the best use of resources. Realmuto is arguably the best catcher in baseball and his just 2 years older than Alfaro - he's effectively Alfaro's ceiling maybe higher. But he has just 2 years of control.

Comment

I'll be shocked if they don't add Harper and a SP.

Comment

Harper or Machado is happening. Personalities aside, Machado is simply a better fit, but I think harper would be way more fun here.

I'm not convinced they add a starter before the season starts unless it's a situation similar to Arrieta. Keuchel is perhaps just an expensive version of Eflin.
        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-07-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          I'm not disputing Realmuto isn't an upgrade. He is. I'm stating Sixto was their biggest asset. I had no issue seeing what Alfaro had for another year or so to keep that asset (or at the very least move him for another young starting pitching prospect). Right now, this team is not contending in 2019. Maybe they will add Harper, who knows?
          They have added two 2018 all-stars (Segura and Realmuto), a veteran former MVP who can still play (McCutcheon), and one of the best relievers in the game (Robertson).

They won 80 games in 2018 and have lost no one of value from their major league roster. This is absolutely a high 80 to low 90 win team as currently constructed.

They are also going to add two or three of the following: Harper, Machado, Keuchel, Kimbrel.

When all is said and done their expected win total is going to approach 100. Make no mistake Middleton is going all in.

Comment

I’m not a Kuechel guy, might have to upgrade through trade. If they sign Harper, I can live with them upgrading there during the season. If they don’t make another move, as others have pointed out, trading for Realmuto doesn’t make sense. Today they went from an 82 win team to an 86 win team.

Comment

yes and yes

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              I’m not a Kuechel guy, might have to upgrade through trade. If they sign Harper, I can live with them upgrading there during the season. If they don’t make another move, as others have pointed out, trading for Realmuto doesn’t make sense. Today they went from an 82 win team to an 86 win team.
              They're in the thick of it. I don't see how they don't get one of them. I think both is a distinct, if somewhat remote, possibility.

Comment

I don't think this team's done making trades. Williams/Franco will probably be gone in some package, especially if they sign Harper/Machado.
                Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

IF they sign Harper and Machado this is your 2019 lineup:

Cesar
                  Hoskins
                  Harper
                  Machado
                  JTR
                  McCutcheon
                  Odubel
                  Segura

Time for Klentak to lock all doors and windows and bring this plane in for a landing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                    IF they sign Harper and Machado this is your 2019 lineup:

Cesar
                    Hoskins
                    Harper
                    Machado
                    JTR
                    McCutcheon
                    Odubel
                    Segura

Time for Klentak to lock all doors and windows and bring this plane in for a landing!!!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                      LOL
                      Real talk: they are getting one of Harper or Machado.

Swap in Williams or Franco for whoever they strike out on and that is still the best lineup in the league, bar none.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Sixto might have been their biggest asset now, but he might not have been next year. A 5'10, 100 mph thrower with sketchy elbow/arm issues doesn't scream sustainable and I think there's a reason they tried shopping him for Edwin Diaz earlier this offseason.
                          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                            I don't think this team's done making trades. Williams/Franco will probably be gone in some package, especially if they sign Harper/Machado.
                            "Reports" are that Harper wants to be on the west coast, isn't in love with the idea of coming to Philly, and is willing to take a two or three year deal to play with the Dodgers or the Giants.

Take it for what it's worth. Could be Boras trying to squeeze the Phillies now that they went all in on JTR.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              "Reports" are that Harper wants to be on the west coast, isn't in love with the idea of coming to Philly, and is willing to take a two or three year deal to play with the Dodgers or the Giants.

Take it for what it's worth. Could be Boras trying to squeeze the Phillies now that they went all in on JTR.
                              It is definitely Boras squeezing the Phils. No one believes those horseshit rumors.

Harper will be a Phillie.

Comment

That reminds me. I need to stay logged in.

Comment

Working...
                                X