Flyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers

Bringing the negadelphian out of me again. They made the playoffs to get their asses kicked by Pittsburgh. Hakstol sucks as a coach they saved his job for this.

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    Bringing the negadelphian out of me again. They made the playoffs to get their asses kicked by Pittsburgh. Hakstol sucks as a coach they saved his job for this.
    Young team, ahead of schedule, playing the champs. I'm cutting them some slack

Comment

The Universe is right again! Anthony is back!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!!
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Eagles young team ahead of schedule. World Champions. Sixers young team ahead of schedule #3 Seed will do much better than this. Flyers have no coach or goaltender. Like having no coach or QB in football.

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        Young team, ahead of schedule, playing the champs. I'm cutting them some slack

Comment

to be clear, they finished as the 6th best team in the east. They are on schedule, with a playoff appearance.

They flyers don't have a goaltender right now - you're right. So, it sounds like they either need a hot hand (like BDN) or wait for the next one to show up in a year or two.

Also, we're 1 period into a series...hahaha

Comment

Eagles young team ahead of schedule. World Champions. Sixers young team ahead of schedule #3 Seed will do much better than this. Flyers have no coach or goaltender. Like having no coach or QB in football.
            Not having a goaltender is kind of big. Can't expect too much...just let them get the experience.

Comment

They suck

and should be relegated to the AHL
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Yea it's tough when your goalie is named after an et movie

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  and should be relegated to the AHL
                  Level of agreement ... one thousand percent!!

The Philadelphia Failures will always let you down.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Exactly. They barely limped into the playoffs. Comparing them to the Eagles and the Sixers, who both looked strong in their respective seasons, is misleading.

I certainly had hopes for a better showing, and maybe they will regroup...but I understand the frustration with this loss.

Comment

This team deserves to be ripped a new asshole for that abortion of a game last night.

I'm sorry but last night they just didn't show up at all, got outcoached, outplayed, came unprepared and it's been years this team didn't have a bonafide goalie. They would have won the Cup in 2010 with just someone average. They fired one of the the best coaches in the league in Laviolette and gave away a Vezina winning goalie in Bobrovsky. Fuck them.

Comment

somewhat ironically

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        Exactly. They barely limped into the playoffs. Comparing them to the Eagles and the Sixers, who both looked strong in their respective seasons, is misleading.

I certainly had hopes for a better showing, and maybe they will regroup...but I understand the frustration with this loss.
                        they got pile-driven by the process-driven penguins. Still though, 7-0 is the same as 1-0.

Comment

Mos def

On a serious note ... worst team they could have drawn ... Pittsburg has owned them this year.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

By far....

the worst game I've ever seen the Flyers play in 40 years of watching. I'm under no illusion they have much of a chance to win this series and wasn't expecting much even if it wasn't the Pens. They looked like a bunch of cats chasing a toy on a string trying to follow the play. How are you not ready to play for Game 1 of the playoffs against an arch rival?

As was already stated the goalie situation (for years now) is a cluster that cannot be ignored anymore if they expect a future hockey parade. They should have never traded Bob to CBJ.

I think they should all donate their pay from that game to Snider Youth Hockey being no one earned a penny for that effort. Shameful!!! Had to turn it off in the 3rd.

Comment

These are the Eagles with Chip Kelly

This team deserves to be ripped a new asshole for that abortion of a game last night.

I'm sorry but last night they just didn't show up at all, got outcoached, outplayed, came unprepared and it's been years this team didn't have a bonafide goalie. They would have won the Cup in 2010 with just someone average. They fired one of the the best coaches in the league in Laviolette and gave away a Vezina winning goalie in Bobrovsky. Fuck them.

Losing talent.
                              Purging talent.
                              Zero emotion.
                              Fed up fan base.

Need a coach and a few maniacs that come in and want to put Crosby under ground. This attitude works in sports. Ask Clement, Mills, Blount. Not everyone can be Opie.
                              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Working...
                              X