No announcement yet.

When You Need TJ McConnell To Be Your Best Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rozier 1-for-6 on 57 possessions when McConnell is on him.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I'm not disrespecting TJ, he is a fine bench player with limited ability that plays hard but what the fuck does this say for the rest of the team? That's my point. Trust the Process my ass!!!! Simmons has to learn how to shoot soon or just be an athletic forward, Fultz could be a total bust for all we know and Covington has been a piece of shit since he signed that contract. On top of that they gave up what could be a Top 5 pick to get Fultz. Colangelo is slowly destroying what Hinkie set them up for. The insurance policy is null and void. Golden State and Houston are miles ahead of this team right now they have alot of work to do and I don't trust Colangelo to get them there.
      Last edited by Anthony; 05-08-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        I'm not disrespecting TJ, he is a fine bench player with limited ability that plays hard but what the fuck does this say for the rest of the team? That's my point. Trust the Process my ass!!!! Simmons has to learn how to shoot soon or just be an athletic forward, Fultz could be a total bust for all we know and Covington has been a piece of shit since he signed that contract. On top of that they gave up what could be a Top 5 pick to get Fultz. Colangelo is slowly destroying what Hinkie set them up for. The insurance policy is null and void. Golden State and Houston are miles ahead of this team right now they have alot of work to do and I don't trust Colangelo to get them there.
        Way to completely discount that Covington is one of the top defensive players in the NBA.

But hey, I get it, chicks dig the long ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
          Way to completely discount that Covington is one of the top defensive players in the NBA.

But hey, I get it, chicks dig the long ball.
          Trevor booker is a great defender

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
            Trevor booker is a great defender
            I don't know if Trevor Booker ever finished fourth for defensive player of the year before.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Bingo. It’s all about match ups. The bench needs diversity in skill set.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

You wouldn’t know it.

Covington is a mo killer.

Comment

Covington is not better on defense than Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Al Horford, or Joel Embiid. So that makes him the fifth-best defensive player in this series. So outside of that and that fact that his shots aren't going in, he's been quite the player.

'It’s just shots not falling. It’s not that I’m struggling to score. It’s the same shots I’ve shot all three games. Some go in, some don’t' per Covington. I guess the one positive is at least his confidence isn't shot since he doesn't know the definition of 'struggling'.

People discount Boston because of their offense. They overlook the fact that they are the best defense in the league and that's why the Sixers are down 3-1. Boston has out-hustled this team the entire series. I expect nothing to change.

Comment

Trevor booker would be the difference in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                        Covington is not better on defense than Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Al Horford, or Joel Embiid. So that makes him the fifth-best defensive player in this series. So outside of that and that fact that his shots aren't going in, he's been quite the player.

'It’s just shots not falling. It’s not that I’m struggling to score. It’s the same shots I’ve shot all three games. Some go in, some don’t' per Covington. I guess the one positive is at least his confidence isn't shot since he doesn't know the definition of 'struggling'.

People discount Boston because of their offense. They overlook the fact that they are the best defense in the league and that's why the Sixers are down 3-1. Boston has out-hustled this team the entire series. I expect nothing to change.
                        He is better then everyone but Embiid, and that is only b/c he isn't 7'2". He can absolutely be dreadful on offense, but you don't watch him if you don't see his excellence on the defensive end. Stats bear it out. He was 3rd in Defensive win shares in the NBA and second highest for anyone that played over 50 games. Certainly a maddening player on offense, but hating on his defense just makes you a hater.

https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...gular%20Season

Comment

I can't argue with someone who puts 'excellence' and 'Covington' in the same post.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                            He is better then everyone but Embiid, and that is only b/c he isn't 7'2". He can absolutely be dreadful on offense, but you don't watch him if you don't see his excellence on the defensive end. Stats bear it out. He was 3rd in Defensive win shares in the NBA and second highest for anyone that played over 50 games. Certainly a maddening player on offense, but hating on his defense just makes you a hater.

https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...gular%20Season
                            THIS SERIES, TJ BETTER DEFENSIVELY, AND CAN ACTUALLY MAKE A LAYUP.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              I can't argue with someone who puts 'excellence' and 'Covington' in the same post.
                              Good, because you are wrong. Finishing 4th last year in DPOY voting last year (and will probably be up there this year) would also show that he is excellent on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                                THIS SERIES, TJ BETTER DEFENSIVELY, AND CAN ACTUALLY MAKE A LAYUP.
                                Basketball is all about matchups. when you have someone that is 6'2" beating someone that is 6'8" in Covington or 6'10" in Simmons off the dribble, and Embiid as well, it shouldn't be rocket science that maybe its a bad matchup. Fultz would also probably fair well against Rozier.

Comment

Working...
                                X