No announcement yet.

I like Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If memory serves me, they could have lost to the Rams and still made the playoffs, so I guess that one wasn't elimination.

EDITED TO ADD: They might have been mathematically still in it if they lost to the Texans when that game started, but I'm not as sure about that one.
    Last edited by slag; 01-09-2019, 12:08 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Fooles is dumpster juice
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        You made the point that Foles wasn’t good the first two games. You also complained that Wentz didn’t have the support Foles does now. I’m simply saying Wentz had weapons Foles didn’t have the first two games.

And as bad as the defense was for blowing big leads, if the Eagles had made a couple of first downs against the Titans, and if they had made even one first down against the Panthers, the Eagles win those games.
        IT ALL BEGINS WITH OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY AND PLAY CALLING. WENTZ WAS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE CONSTANTLY BECAUSE COACH WANTS TO THROW THE BALL MORE AND LET WENTZ MAKE PLAYS AND O LINE WAS SWISS CHEESE.
        WITH FOLES HE RUNS MORE, AND O LINE PLAYING BETTER, FOLES HAS MORE TIME IN POCKET.

AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THESE AMATEUR EYES SEE.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-09-2019, 07:48 AM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

A rather silly argument considering

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
          But why does it seem like people have no recollection of his bad games? Wentz has never had a game as bad as Foles vs. Dallas, for instance. He was absolutely putrid in that shutout a couple years back.

Foles has also been injured multiple times, has limited athleticism, has a weaker arm, slower release, worse pocket presence/movement and less mobility than Wentz.

I get recency bias and all, but this shit is getting out of hand.
          ....sometime, as bitter sweet as it will be, over the next 4 weeks he will no longer be an Eagle.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

That is far from a horseshit argument. Jeffery is this team's best big play threat. It is important to establish that before throwing to the TE. I don't think it's a coincidence that Jeffery got involved early in the LA game and the team put up 30 for only the second time all season. Even in the Houston game, Jeffery had more yards on one reception than he'd had in his last 6 games with Wentz at QB.

If you want to talk about Foles's career trajectory, his regression from second year to third year, the fact that he missed more games in his first three seasons than Wentz, fine. But there's no reason to get defensive in response to what he's doing right now.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 01-09-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I love this run ... I hate this QB controversy.

Nick Foles will never pay for a drink if he's in a bar where I'm at, but I have a bad feeling that if they trade Wentz, we'll be watching that fucker win Super Bowls with another team for 10 years or more.

Let me ask you a question, what would you rather see happen, Foles goes to the Vagiants in a trade or Wentz goes there?

Seriously ... I know it's a question that is kind of like: What do you like better dog shit or cow shit? ... But I'm really curious what you think.

No equivocating ... no depends on what they get back.

Simply: I'd rather face ____ on the Vagiants

(a) Foles

(b) Wentz
              Last edited by slag; 01-09-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

this

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I love this run ... I hate this QB controversy.

Nick Foles will never pay for a drink if he's in a bar where I'm at
                I'm just enjoying the ride and rooting hard. This can be sorted out later. Plenty of time to blather on this site about this later.

Fuck da Taints

Edit: seriously, this is so much fucking fun. I'm just consuming everything I can about this team. I don't know when it will end, I don't want it to end, but we're here, drink it in!
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 01-09-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

There is no QB controversy and it should be obvious what I think. Wentz is the guy next year. Foles vs Wentz is a much more legitimate question that McNabb vs Garcia, but it's obvious that the FO thinks that Wentz can be a top 5 QB for 10 years.

I just think Wentz fans get too defensive. Foles has been awesome over the past two years. Stating that isn't a call for Wentz to get traded.
                  Last edited by art vandelay; 01-09-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I guess you haven't been listening to sports talk and the media lately.

Comment

They get paid to make good radio. Fortunately they don't influence decisions.

As soon as Wentz loses a game next season, WIP will have to shut down. Sports radio callers expect 3 Super Bowls today. It could take over 5 years for the decision to roll with Wentz to pay off.

Comment

Can't argue with any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                          But why does it seem like people have no recollection of his bad games? Wentz has never had a game as bad as Foles vs. Dallas, for instance. He was absolutely putrid in that shutout a couple years back.

Foles has also been injured multiple times, has limited athleticism, has a weaker arm, slower release, worse pocket presence/movement and less mobility than Wentz.

I get recency bias and all, but this shit is getting out of hand.

Foles has been injured, but he has also taken some vicious hits and returned to the game, he's pretty damn durable, has limited athleticism, yeah, sort of but compared to who, Russel Wilson, absolutely, Tom Brady, eh bout the same.

Weaker arm, yeah, but he is as someone on here put it, The Mad Bomber! Worse pocket presence, I don't think so, yes he moves slower than Wentz, but damn, the guy ALWAYS seems to find the best pass option available, that has been proven time and time again, his 3rd down completion stats are off the charts.

I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts, always hoping there is a way they are both here next year!
                          Last edited by Eagle Road; 01-09-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            There is no QB controversy and it should be obvious what I think. Wentz is the guy next year. Foles vs Wentz is a much more legitimate question that McNabb vs Garcia, but it's obvious that the FO thinks that Wentz can be a top 5 QB for 10 years.

I just think Wentz fans get too defensive. Foles has been awesome over the past two years. Stating that isn't a call for Wentz to get traded.
                            I agree. My main concern is that Wentz has not yet shown that he is 100 percent recovered from his knee injury. Until he does so I will always have a little worry. He didn't look right during this season.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

As soon as Wentz loses a game next season, WIP will have to shut down. Sports radio callers expect 3 Super Bowls today. It could take over 5 years for the decision to roll with Wentz to pay off.
                              WIP IS STILL ON THE AIR? WOW..WHO WOULDA THUNK IT.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Forget WIP, I guess you haven’t seen

the comments on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X